Salutation Field Length

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Salutation Field Length

I want to be able to enter more than the 15 characters currently allowed in the salutation field.

I have edited the template to allow the text to be typed but on submission it says the field is limited to 15 characters.

Where does it need to be edited?
    Is it possible?
    Is it a database design edit as well as an edit in perl?
    Which scripts?

Thanks in advance
    Rich Foxall
    AIIM Europe
    www.aiim.org.uk

Salutation is limited to 15 characters on the database. You could try making the field bigger in the database but there are text limits set in Actinic as well and I don't know what they are for that field.

Regards,
    Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
    Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
    A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
    Product Mash for Sellerdeck
    Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
    Multichannel order processing
    Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

No ideas on this one.

You could just use one of the other address fields (e.g. Fax) which does not have so strict a limit. Then just edit Act_Order01.html in order to put your edited field at the top of the invoice address table.

Comment

Thanks

Thanks for the thoughts,

I'll work around using another field.

Cheers,

Rich Foxall
        AIIM Europe
        www.aiim.org.uk

Comment

Working...
        X