Default shipping band

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Default shipping band

How do I set the cart to have a default class of service for shipping?

Most of our customers are in the continental U.S. and wish to use UPS Ground and I want that to be the first choice.

However the choice showing up first in the drop down with everyone is the "local pickup only" which charges $0 in freight.

This was the last choice added and I can't rearrange them based on how I want.

Any ideas? Using the newest Dev 6.

Thanks!

Default shipping

The shipping results on the check out process are listed by dollar value, least amount to most amount. The only way to list UPS Ground first would be to remove the 0 dollar value local pick up option.

Brian
    Brian Johnson
    :::Sure Solutions Inc:::Professional Actinic templates from Buythisdesign.com:::
    1-732-528-7635 x203

Comment

You can control the default value

What Brian describes is the default functionality but you can change this as described in this thread.

You have to be a bit creative to get the correct option as first in the list if there are many possibilities but in your case it is simple. Just change the script to use descending value order and then the more expensive option (UPS) will be selected by default.

Alternatively, correct the script code as discussed in that thread and use the descending alphabetic order.

If you want to make your shipping options more visible there is another script change which will display the options as radio buttons. Let me know if you are interested in this.
      Chris Brown

Comment

Working...
      X