Cheque/card payment by post?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cheque/card payment by post?

When using the payment options for 'credit card details by post' and 'cheque by post' -

1) How do you change the text on the receipt?

When you choose "send credit card separately" it pops up the receipt, gives the standard blurb "this is your receipt, please print it", then helpfully says "fill in the credit card details and send to us by fax/post".

But when you select cheque with payment it just come up with the standard blurb, but no extra instructions.

How do I make it say "print this receipt, and post it with your cheque (payable to XXX) to the following address"?

2) Is the receipt form different for each payment method?

I want to hardcode an address on there, but not the same one that is in my business settings.

Preferably I'd like the online CC payment method to say one thing (my registered address), while CC/Cheque by post says another (my postal address!)

It's in Design > Text > Website (cont) > Recipt

I changes the text to this, covering both possibilities:

If you have paid online, please print a copy for your records. If you intend to send payment seperately, print two copies of this page and keep one for your records. Send the other along with your payment (a cheque drawn from a UK bank or a postal order) made payable to 'eAbsinthe.com' to the address below. Your order will be dispatched as soon as your payment has cleared.
    Martin Cutbill

Amazingly using Actinic to sell Absinthe since V2

Comment

great, that's ideal for the cheque message. btw, you may want to run a spellchecker over it...

but what about the credit card message? If you have a delayed credit card option it adds the extra text "fill in the credit card details and send to us by fax/post", what your really want is A or B, but what I think you get is A or A + B...

Anyone any ideas on question 2 then?
      John

Comment

Originally posted by jxm28788
        great, that's ideal for the cheque message. btw, you may want to run a spellchecker over it...
        Oops. Thanks!
        Martin Cutbill

Amazingly using Actinic to sell Absinthe since V2

Comment

Is nobody here using cheque payments?

Is there really no way of having cheque instructions when paying by cheque and credit card by mail instructions when paying by credit card by mail?

Is the only way just to have a standard text that applies to cheques and online CC payment all the time, and then extra text for CC by mail?
          John

Comment

Working...
          X