Shared SSL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shared SSL

I took out Actinic shared SSL a few years ago and still have it in place. One of the questions when applying for it was the address to the cgi-bin folder on my website. Last week I changed web hosts and the address to the cgi-bin is now different - will it affect my shared SSL?
    Dave

Almost certainly - you need to contact actinic. You should really be using a psp

Comment

OK thanks - why should I be using a psp?
      Dave

Comment

Im assuming you are using actinic ssl to download card details which is no longer allowed

Comment

Mal - can you elaborate as I haven't heard about this. If that's the case I don't understand why Actinic still selling it to us.
          Dave

Comment

Its all over the forum eg http://community.actinic.com/showthread.php?t=34718 as its not been allowed since April this year

Comment

Thanks mal - never saw that.

If we use a PSP, do they guarantee the card is secure because at the moment, if you phone through a card to the card processor, it can be knocked back 3 months later as being dud. A local shopkeeper has just had that - lost £300 on a fraudulent card that their processor accepted 3 months earlier.

There are quite a few psp's out there - can you recommend any??

Dave
              Dave

Comment

There are quite a few psp's out there - can you recommend any
                The $64000 question - they all have thier problems but Im switching most of my clients sites to Actinic Payments but you need V9. As you are on V7 the I would suggest Paypal and HSBC.

There is loads on the forum about psps but it really depends on so many factors that what is good for one person is crap for another - you will find lots of discussions on the subject. Its always a source of great debate

Comment

Mal - if I want to upgrade to V9 can you still buy upgrade versions of Catalog or does it just import a V7 snapshot?
                  Dave

Comment

Best call actinic sales and see what they can do for you.

Upgrading from V7 to V9 can have its problems if the site is heavily customised - usually the best method is to redesign after importing all the product data. Loads of info on this on the forum.

Comment

Working...
                    X