meta tag and html help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

meta tag and html help

Could someone with good knowledge of meta tags please visit my site and give me their opinions for being optimal serch spider friendly. Also on the html side, i would like to replace whats in between >title> with my own wording to be a bit more sercher friendly and not just my company name (as this means nothing) any help on that please?

getting good high ranking on google if you put 60's costumes in your browser but have just altered meta tags and fingers crossed next google update i will be there!

website is the one below

Thanks all
    Paul
    www.islandentertainmentsonline.com

if you want to optimise for Google then you need to pay attention to the title tag and body text only.

Google does not read meta keywords nor meta descriptions (other engines are moving towards this too)

Hence my top 3 tips to get good Google listings

1 Unique title tag on every page create a customvar to do this. Only include words in the title tag that that page is optimised for. Never have more that 60 chars per title

2 Ensure all your product desciptions have keywords in them, several repititions per page is good - the same keywords as are in your title.

3 Get links from highly ranked sites to your site

This will get you started!!

PS I sometimes use the meta keyword tag to remind myself what keywords a page is optimised for

Comment

Hi Jo,
      I'm confused. In actinic there is an option to include meta keywords from all parent sections.I have spent alot of time doing this only to find it's a waste of time?

for example if i have a section called modems which are then broken down to sub sections of D-link- Dynalink - 3com etc What would the customvar be i need to create and where do i include the customvar so it appears on all pages?

Regarding the body text, is that the description of each product and is that included automatically? all of my product descriptions are on pop up pages.

Any clarification is greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Jacy
      Jacys Computer Supplies
      Web: http://www.jacyscomputers.com.au
      email: sales@jacyscomputers.com.au

Comment

Skip that,
        I'm still confused :P but have just read and digested the informative topic on title tags, customvars etc here

Cheers,

Jacy
        Jacys Computer Supplies

Comment

Jacy

read this about customvar titles here

as far as product descriptions are concerned I would add a short description to each product - look at one of your pages and then decide which 3 keywords are the most important for that page, then analyse the keywords on that page - is there enough there for a spider to digest and index you on those specific keywords?

as for actinic including the ability to add meta keywords and meta descriptions - they have to! Just think of the outcry if they didn't. It is only recently that these tags have been dropped mainly due to people abusing them. I reckon it won't be long before reciprocal links etc will become ousted, they are being abused aswell.

As far as I know the only spider which looks at meta keywords is INktomi - and I'm not sure if it pays much attention

Pop up/extended info pages should get indexed, there is a recent thread about adding titles to these

Comment

thanks

Thanks for that. So looking at my site through the source, what is your pro opinion on titles etc.
            thanks

paul

www.islandentertainments.co.uk

Comment

Hiya Otiz,
              i think your site looks fantastic!! Just one thing when you click the more button at the bottom of this page http://www.dizzy26.freeserve.co.uk/promo/Bands.html you get a page not found error.

Cheers,

Jacy
              Jacys Computer Supplies

Comment

Meta Tgs

Hi Jacy.
                Thats not the site! thats something COMPLETLY different.

Please visit actinic site at www.islandentertainmentsonline.com

appreciate your views on search engine friendly.

Paul

Comment

Working...
                X