importing excel data - request for actinic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

importing excel data - request for actinic

hi again, i have a request for actinic that when importing data via flatfile format , can we please have some spare/user definable columns for customvars/other bits, .......is this a huge problem to facillitate?
    ( I can't suss out hierarchical yet and neither can 99% of my customers who are the ones who will have to maintain a hierarchical file even if I personally learn how to use them..)

For this to work, i see in my minds eye, when you have added a customvar via Advanced>Custom Properties , that customvar is simply added to actinics list of available fields to map on import... (dont suppose you can do that can you Jan?)

i think it would seriously enhance actinics long standing format and quite rigid details for a product and we are all using lots and lots of customvars nowadays...actinics and its customers are growing rapidly....long gone are the days, i think, of 1 image per product etc...

the extra 'customer specified' or 'customvar' columns would be easier to understand and in a quite logical format for the majority of excel spreadsheet maintainers in my opinion.

thanks

steve q
    harlequin domains
    www.harlequindomains.com
    Actinic Design, Hosting and Marketing

Hi Steve

Adding CUSTOMVARs to the flatfile import has been added to the wishlist a number of times and is much championed by Chris Dicken. Depending on how complex it is to introduce, I think it should be a feature in the relatively near future.

Ben
    Ben Popplestone
    Ecommerce website software

Comment

This would seem to be an excellent idea.
      I have a feeling it is a function I will need RE POST 21/10/03:Can I import product variables and product code from my csv file?

Can I please register my support for this function. Hope it will be introduced sooner rather than later.
      Boxhedge New Media Design
      Design and development solutions for SME's.
      Tel: 0118 966 2786
      Examples of work can be found at http://www.boxhedge.com

Comment

Can I please register my support for this function.
        Consider it done.
        Ben Popplestone
        Ecommerce website software

Comment

Working...
        X