Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

VAT Calculations

Hi,
    I've noticed that I can't get my VAT to calculate accurately.

I have a selling price of £59.99 and I've worked out that the ex-vat price is £51.05. When actinic applies VAT the selling price is displayed as £59.98 !!

If I then add a penny to the ex-vat price (£51.06) then the price is displayed as £60.00 !

Is there any way of 'fixing' the final inclusive price to display exactly what I want.

Thanks
    Kev Gray

Not sure if there is a way of fixing it, but my calculator agrees with actinic -

£51.05 + VAT = £59.98
    £51.06 + VAT = £60.00

But that doesn't really help you if you want a price of £59.99...

Will actinic let you set a price of 51.055? and if so will it display it as such or round it to 2dp? will your site display the ex-vat prices?
    John

Comment

Thanks John, i've tried entering £51.055 which it will let me, but then seems to ignore the extra .005 and the result is the same.

If I put the same calculation into EXCEL then the result is correct, so it must be the way actinic calculates - does it only use 2 dec places ??

Comment

There are several calculations options for VAT rounding, they are set on 'View | Business Settings" on the tax tab. Try the different options to see if that helps.

If not the only way around this is to use custom tax, this allows you to enter a tax amount - the side effect is that Invoices will show custom tax at potentially odd rates.

Regards,
        Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
        Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
        A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
        Product Mash for Sellerdeck
        Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
        Multichannel order processing
        Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Working...
        X