Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can Orders be Exported out of Actinic v7 Business?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can Orders be Exported out of Actinic v7 Business?

We are using Jan's Brilliant Order Processing Plugin for Actinic 7 Business which is just a god send, as it automatically retrieves orders, and print the invoices - Magic.

We are however looking into linking the orders into our bespoke invoicing system. Our Programmer has asked me if on Actinic you can export the orders into a file format such as csv, etc.

Is this possible? And is there a plug-in available that will do this automatically for each order that is received?

thanks.

Look in the Reports item on the Actinic main menu. The Export tab.
    Norman - www.drillpine.biz
    Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Thanks Norman for the quick answer. I will have a look at this.

Comment

Jan's OSOP also has an export feature

Comment

I'll try again ... misread the OP first time.

You can export with OSA using the Actinic export (there are options on the order processing tab to call this), but it will produce the standard set of files, if you system can work with these then you are sorted.

Otherwise, you can write a little program to export the orders in the format you need and OSA will call this for you as part of order processing.

We have another plugin called One Stop Order Processing that as Jo says, allows you to configure and export order data in a CSV, with a of the data on a single line.

Jan
          Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
          Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
          A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
          Product Mash for Sellerdeck
          Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
          Multichannel order processing
          Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

The Plug-In we have is One Stop Automation Batch Order Processing
            and have take a screenshot below of what I believe is the export order feature in the plug-in.

Image attached.

Am waiting at the moment for an order to come in to see if this works,
            I just want to make sure that these are the correct settings??

If someone can LMK this is the correct feature on the plug-in ?

Am also assuming that each time a new order is placed it will create a new xml file for the order?

I dont think it will a problem for our programmer to write a small program that can be used to import the xml file into our bespoke invoicing system, but thanks for the offer Jan.

Thanks.
            Attached Files

Comment

What you are suggesting will work but I was talking about automating the actinic export through OSA.

The XML produced by exporting a report to XML is usable but verbose because what you get is an XML version of the report rather than the data. Several companies are using this though as a base for linking to other systems, so your idea will definately work.

Regards,
              Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud

A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
              Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
              Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Thanks Jan.

Have spoken to our Programmer and informed him that the three formats you can save the exported order file are RTF, PDF and XML.

We have another plugin called One Stop Order Processing that as Jo says, allows you to configure and export order data in a CSV, with a of the data on a single line.
                Am sure this is the plug-in we have, but dont see on the tool where we can save the data as CSV file?? Can you point me in the right direction?

Comment

Hi Gavin,

You have One Stop Automation that can export reports to XML format if you wish it to. The product Jo is talking about it a different one, details are here :

http://www.mole-end.biz/acatalog/Mul...r-Actinic.html

You can export to csv from One Stop Automation though, but you get the standard Actinic format, which consists of 5 files each containing a part of the order details rather than a single file.

Regards,

Comment

I downloaded the trial version of One Stop Order Processing plug-in for v7 in order to export the order details in a csv file.

I use the "export order" option but it does not print out the whole invoice details.

basically, what i need is the "invoice" details, address, product ordered, quantity, price, etc but in csv file format.

The only option I can see is rtf, xml and pdf format, which is what you can already export on the One Stop Automation Plug-In we already have.

So is it possible to export the invoice details into csv format with the One Stop Order Processing Plug-in ?

Also, it needs to export this invoice file automatically when an order is downloaded.

Thanks.

Comment

Hi Gavin,

You are using export reports rather then export orders, that function is designed to allow you to attach a copy of one of the Actinic invoice or packing list to an email.

So is it possible to export the invoice details into csv format with the One Stop Order Processing Plug-in ?
                      Yes, there is an export button in the bottom left hand corner, click on this and you can export the order details show in the main window to a csv file. You can configure the details shown there as well so that only the details you need are shown but clicking on the select columns button. You can define lots of views on your data, we have one for each distinct job that we do throughout the day, I think it very useful.

Also, it needs to export this invoice file automatically when an order is downloaded.[
                      One Stop Order Processing does not support automation at all, but you can use it in conjuction with One Stop Automation to download orders when you are away from the Actinic machine.

So to summarise, you need to define a view with the fields you listed and then you can export the details to CSV file using the button in the bottom left hand corner.

Regards,

Comment

One Stop Order Processing does not support automation at all, but you can use it in conjuction with One Stop Automation to download orders when you are away from the Actinic machine.
                        Jan, can you tell me how this works in conjunction with the One Stop Automation so that it will export the order details in csv file format.

Sorry but confused.

I see now how you can specifiy which fields to export on the order file in csv using the One Stop Order Processing plug-in.

But confused with how to use this with One Stop Automation to export the order details automatically when away from the actinic machine?

Comment

Originally posted by GAViN™© View Post
                          But confused with how to use this with One Stop Automation to export the order details automatically when away from the actinic machine?
                          It doesn't do this.

Regards,

Comment

Working...
                          X