Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My VAT Problem

Hi All,

I have a standard 'Retail' base rate in my store and then, I have a 'Premium Membership' with a Price Schedule set at 'Multiply by - 0.950' which gives my members a discount. All works well.

My problem is this: I am not yet VAT registered so we take the inclusive VAT price that our wholesalers would charge and we make this our total cost per item, easy enough (our suppliers also sell to the retail). I can't change VAT with a quick amendment in the VAT box from 17.5 % to 15% and I thought I may have to amend ALL my prices individually but isn't there a way that I can make the 'Retail' price schedule amended by a -2.1% discount to make the over all prices throughout the site correct for new VAT amount?

I do this already with a 'Premium Membership' schedule but i can't seem to change the 'Retail', it's set with no edit options.

Is there a way to do this because if not I'm really screwed as all the prices are changing too after Xmas from our suppliers which means all I'll be doing for weeks is amending them!!

Any idea appreciate (and please don't say - register for VAT! )

Thanks all . .

Beej
    Organic Image - Award-winning Airbrush Kustom Art & Airbrush Classes

You can chnage your prices with a flat file import. All you need is the Product Reference and the Price in two columns in a csv file.

Comment

Originally posted by drounding View Post
      You can chnage your prices with a flat file import. All you need is the Product Reference and the Price in two columns in a csv file.
      Hi bud,

Not sure what you mean there as I have many products in the store and they are ALL different (nearly) so I'm looking to apply one price schedule/discount across the board to bring the VAT level down globally.

does that make sense?

Cheers

Beej

Comment

You can create a list as I mentioned from a catalog export. Open that in excel, filter the export by product and delete all columns except the product reference and the price to create a flat file import. You can then adjust your prices as you wish and import them back in.

Comment

I'm trying not to sound 'too' stupid . . but if i have to export and open/edit in another program (haven't done this before with Actinic at all) isn't it just as easy to edit the prices in Actinic?

I was hoping to find an easy solution so forgive me if if I am misunderstandng yours, perhaps it is easy?

Thanks

Beej

Comment

Originally posted by BrianCurtis View Post
            ...isn't it just as easy to edit the prices in Actinic?...
            This depends on how many products you have to edit. If you only have a few products then, yes, use the Actinic directly but if you have a few thousand then updating using Excel would be much quicker.

Comment

Working...
            X