A General Script Error Occurred

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When I try to add a product to the shopping cart, I receive the following error message:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Error: sort trapped by operation mask at (eval 21) line 172.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Press the Browser back button and try again or contact the site owner

Hi,
    I have checked the Knowledge base and am applying the fix....
    What I wanted to know is why this problem occurs in the first place?

Can I rely on the software?

Having nothing but trouble

Darren

We first saw this error when people downgraded from v6.1.0 (or above) to a previous version 6 (normally v6.0.2) by importing a .csv file. One of the main features introduced into v6.1.0 was the general discounting (View | Discounts) and this made changes to the .cat files. So if the site was not upgraded/downgraded successfully, this error would occur. However, as you've found, if the .pl and .pm files are copied across from the local 'Original' directory and the .cat and .fil files are deleted locally and remotely, an upload of the site should fix it.

I may be able to determine more (about the slow upload etc.) if you post a URL for the store.

Ben
    Ben Popplestone
    Ecommerce website software

Comment

Hi Ben,

www.4-motorcycles.co.uk

Can you tell me why the system isnt generating the mail giving the details of the order. I have the obvious setup in business settings but no mail. I do get the mail for a order has been received but not the mail with the order details.

It has worked before.

Otherwise things are looking a lot better... Thanks

Comment

Hi Darren

Just to be certain, make sure you have your email address entered in the 'Send Receipt Email Copies to:' field in Business Settings. The reason you may not be receiving a copy email for every order is that when a PSP (e.g. WorldPay) is used, the receipt email is sent when customers click to return to the merchants site. If the customer exits the site at the stage of the WorldPay confirmation, no email will be sent and you won't receive a copy.

Ben
        Ben Popplestone
        Ecommerce website software

Comment

Hi Ben,

I have all the business settings setup.

At the moment it is set yo bypass the ordering process in Actinic as we are using worldpay etc. I have the cc field entered... e.g sales@4-motorcycles.co.uk.

Worldpay is my only payment method, should we be using others. I will test what you said.... Thanks for the prompt response.... Im starting to get to grips with Actinic and it is a sound product.

Comment

Working...
          X