need some help with shipping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

need some help with shipping

1. is it possible to make it so that actinic wont display a price for shipping until the shipping method is chosen later on in the cart?

we really need this one, our client has over 20,000 customers already who order regularly, and use different delivery methods often.

this becomes an issue particularly if a customer has ordered once, and next time they are in the cart, the shipping cost actually starts displaying (the last shipping you used) from the first cart page, even before you have chosen which country its going to, a bit premature.

i know this could be a result of them ticking 'remember me', but our clients dont want it to happen...they do want people to be remembered, but they also want them to have to physically select a method of shipping each time so they can say to a customer, you MUST have chosen the sameday lotsa dollars delivery. or indeed, the 4 week all but free delivery, NOT the same day! You get me?

2. being an awkward customer, he also wants to say to people that the prices for uk are fixed but for international orders, people need to call . We have done this by saying that in the shipping zone title/descriptions and giving the international orders 1 price schedule, (it wont work without a valid price shcd)

The only real issue for my guy is that when you have (in a drop down)

Next Day Delivery - (£4.00)
    International Orders Please Call for Price - (£0.00)

again, he's worried about people only seeing the international orders = £0.00 and its also untidy anyway.

there is a workaround i can think of and if anyones clever enough to know which piece of design>text generates the shipping dropdown, i could remove the (price=£n) part of the string...

this leaves you with no price in the dropdown, you are correct, but you can actually put the price in as part of the description for each shipping method...

I really hope this makes sense to someone out there!! I cant see for looking is the phrase...

thanks

steve q
    harlequin domains

Hi Steve
    1. is it possible to make it so that actinic wont display a price for shipping until the shipping method is chosen later on in the cart?
    I'm checking this one out with the development team and will let you know.
    2. being an awkward customer, he also wants to say to people that the prices for uk are fixed but for international orders, people need to call ...

there is a workaround i can think of and if anyones clever enough to know which piece of design>text generates the shipping dropdown, i could remove the (price=£n) part of the string...

this leaves you with no price in the dropdown, you are correct, but you can actually put the price in as part of the description for each shipping method...
    I'm not sure which prompt it is in Design | Text ATM, but even if the price display was removed, the price for shipping in the cart display would be 0 and the order could be placed with this cost.

Ben
    Ben Popplestone
    Ecommerce website software

Comment

Some answers ...

1. This wouldn't be easy to do and would require quite a bit of script customisation. An alternative is simply to disable the 'Remember Me' feature.

2. This isn't a prompt in Design | Text but the price part of the line can be removed by modifying ActinicOrder.pm:

Search for the second occurrence (the first is just a comment) of...

$::s_Ship_bDisplayPrices

You should see...
      Code:
      $::s_Ship_bDisplayPrices = $$::g_pSetupBlob{PRICES_DISPLAYED};
      Change this to...
      Code:
      $::s_Ship_bDisplayPrices = $::FALSE;
      Remember, customisation of the perl is not supported by Actinic so it should be carried out at your own risk.
      Ben Popplestone
      Ecommerce website software

Comment

Working...
      X