periods and obliques in the search

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

periods and obliques in the search

hi, our clients have products with periods (full stops) and obliques (forward slashes / ) in thieir names..

when you type into their search for ex..

G.7423

or

0201/113

actinic wont find the product, even though the exact prase is mentioned in the product name and description multiple times.

this could be quite an issue for the site in question as it bad for them if people cant find the products they do actually have on there....

help...its 3am, again, and i gotta deadline!

eternally grateful...

steve q
    harlequin domains
    www.harlequindomains.com

Most search alogorithms will remove punctuation and special characters and then tokenize the search string. Your customer's names is very bad news. I wish I could be more help.
    Bob Ladden

Comment

If you go the search settings page and add . and / to the Word Character set on the search options tab it will improve, you will be able to find

G.7423
      0201/113
      G.74

but not
      113 ior 7423

Cheers,
      Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
      Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
      A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
      Product Mash for Sellerdeck
      Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
      Multichannel order processing
      Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

thanks guys

its good(ish) news.

actinic, is it possible to make the search work on part strings ?

thanks

steve

Comment

Can you also add 1234567890 to the set?
          Bob Ladden

Comment

Working...
          X