Bandwidth query

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bandwidth query

Hi, I'm helping my brother with his site (dirtbikestore.com) regarding his hosting - his current monthly usage is:

Web space 50 MB
    Monthly traffic: 15 GB
    Total users: 25,000

It's a reasonable sized site - I was just surprised at the amount of bandwidth being used, or is this fairly normal for an online catalog?

Many thanks in advance

Michelle

depends on image sizes, emails being sent, uploads and downloads they all add to bandwidth its not just people viewing the site

Comment

single product page sites use alot less bandwidth too

Comment

Browse your stats and see if you can see any hotlinking of images.

Comment

Originally posted by Mox View Post
          Hi, I'm helping my brother with his site (dirtbikestore.com) regarding his hosting - his current monthly usage is:

Web space 50 MB
          Monthly traffic: 15 GB
          Total users: 25,000

It's a reasonable sized site - I was just surprised at the amount of bandwidth being used, or is this fairly normal for an online catalog?

Many thanks in advance

Michelle
          On those figures you have 600Kb per user, which is pretty similar to figures from one of the sites I manage, it does depend on the number of pages they are viewing.

Malcolm

SellerDeck Accredited Partner,
          SellerDeck 2016 Extensions, and
          Custom Packages

Comment

Many thanks everyone for your help, that all makes alot of sense. Thanks too Malcolm for your figure for comparison.

Duncan - I've taken a look, can't see anything obvious - is there anything in particular I should be looking at? From what I can see, the only images listed on the stats are related to google and yahoo image searches which I think is fine isn't it?

Comment

Working...
            X