Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And the point of a brochure page is???

Hello

Ok so am I right in thinking that actinic will not generate any netquotevar tags that are in the brouchure pages?

Please take a look at http://www.decorativextras.com

Any suggestions as I am begining to think that it might be best to just use a meta refresh on the front page of the site and place visitors streight into the catalog.

Has anyone managed to use the variables in the brochure site?

In the example site someone has at least managed to get the search in the front page http://www.netjewellery.com/ anyone know how this was accomplished?

Also on http://www.golfaids.co.uk/ the front page has alot of catalog related content is this accomplished independantly from catalog.

Cheers

J
    --------------------
    www.ProSite.co.uk

Hi there

Yes you are correct, you cannot use netquotevar variables within the brochure pages.

The brochure pages were intended for clients who just wanted to place information on there store.

Examples

About Us
    Special Offers
    Introduction to the Store
    etc
    etc

These only had pictures and text. This is the point of brochure pages. The idea of someone who does not have much HTML knowledge and cannot create there own front page with dreamweaver or similar software, they can have a front page with information.

Any suggestions as I am begining to think that it might be best to just use a meta refresh on the front page of the site and place visitors streight into the catalog.
    If you wish your customers to go straight to your store, then this will be a solution.

Kind Regards
    Nadeem Rasool
    SellerDeck Development

Comment

Re: And the point of a brochure page is???

Originally posted by prosite

Search engines will not pick up your site that way.

Delete all brochure pages and make your main catalog page index.html.

Then get your ISP to make acatalog the home folder (or manually edit the access database, but that is tricky).
      Bob Ladden

Comment

Thanks

Yeah forgot about that one, good move will change the default directory, or just hack out a page that will make it work.

Cheers

J

FAO Actinic: can this be added to a wish list, it seems to be a design floor, SE's will not allow a refresh, and you can not use Var's in the code, I have control over the server so I guess I am lucky, but others may not. Just thinking
        --------------------
        www.ProSite.co.uk

Comment

Hi Jez

I will add you comments to the wishlist. Some may disagree on it being a design flaw. However i have mark what you have said to the developers.

By the way, going on from what you first written:

In the example site someone has at least managed to get the search in the front page http://www.netjewellery.com/ anyone know how this was accomplished?
          It might be an idea for you to search our knowledge base

The following can be found: How can I add a quick search to a brochure page? - KB Article

There are alot of useful information in the knowledgebase, so it is useful to search it, if you cannot find any information on the community.

Kind Regards
          Nadeem Rasool
          SellerDeck Development

Comment

Hello

Design flaw may be too strong a word but it does appear to leave a site using actinic with a bizzare navigation structure, it appears that you have to use an acatalog directory where as the preferance on some sites would be to just use the default drectory i.e. streight into the shop. Using a brochure or additional pages is great if your site is based around additional content but if the buisness model is just to have a shop then all it does is create a superfluous layer of navigation.

Just a thought

Saw the article in the KB and other posts just need absolute clarification that this could not be done and that the assumptions made were correct.

Best

Jez
            --------------------
            www.ProSite.co.uk

Comment

I just deleted the brochure pages, and made the main catalog page the home page.

See www.lowcarbgoodies.co.uk

Then see previous thread called 'skipping the home (brochure) page' to find out how/why...
              John

Comment

Working...
              X