Who's got the most products on Actinic?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who's got the most products on Actinic?

Does anyone have experience running Actinic with very large numbers of products (thousands+)?

I cuurently have around 3,000 products and have as yet only scratched the surface of what I want to do. Actinic is still managing Ok at the moment, but I wonder if it will get unmanageble eventually. I know that I will have to go to a dynamic database-driven site at some stage, but I don't know how far away that is at the moment.

Any comments appreciated

Thanks

Jeremy
    www.magazineexchange.co.uk

Hi Jeremy

We have tested the software for product upto: 10,000

We have had customers who have gone beyond this and it works fine. One thing to mention is that Actinic uses an access database. Now it has been mentioned in other access developer forum, that access has a limit, if you go beyond, then it will start to crash or go corrupted.

Because Actinic v6 uses a access 2000 database, the limitation to until the database goes corrupted is 2 gigabytes. If the access database goes beyond 2 gb, then it will corrupt

I hope this helps you

Kind Regards
    Nadeem Rasool
    SellerDeck Development

Comment

Ok, thanks. I am at 90Mb at the moment, so I have some headroom left. Presumably a lot of 'simple' products will take less space than fewer 'complicated' ones?

I guess with a bit of fiddling I could also split the website into different sections, each of which was effectively a separate Actinic site (although that would mean multiple shopping carts I guess).

Jeremy
      www.magazineexchange.co.uk

Comment

Hi Jeremy

Once thing to mention. If you add alot of products and delete them and purge, then somethings it does leave some space within the access database.

I would suggest at some times in going into "Housekeeping | Compact Database" and make sure you select Catalog and Shipping

These should get rid of unwanted space in the access database and bring the size down

Kind Regards
        Nadeem Rasool
        SellerDeck Development

Comment

Working...
        X