Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Script Error Occurance

Hi

I've just been trying to update our actinic Business version 6.1.4.

Upon updating the to the new ftp details I received the following error when trying to view online:

Error: Error opening configuration file ../acatalog/prompt.fil. No such file or directory

Please can anyone help, I have tried a few suggestions that I found using the search facility but as a novice i'm not sure if i've done it wrong or what as it never worked.

The link is:

http://www.bga.org.uk/acatalog/index.html (obviously error comes when you click products).
    Attached Files

Hi

Firstly do a test of the setting through Advanced | network setup | test, if it passes sucessfully try the following else give me the error message.

1. Open My Computer and browse to C:\Program Files\ActinicV6\Sites\Site 1(or equivalent folder)
    2. If you are viewing the files as icons, go to View and select Details. Now arrange them by Type and select all files with .cat and .fil extensions and delete them.
    3. Now find all files with .pl and .pm extensions and delete them as well.
    4. Go back into the Actinic ............. folder and double click on the Original folder.
    5. In this find all .pl and .pm files. Select them and copy them into the Site folder.
    6. If you have FTP access to your server space, you will need to delete the .cat and .fil files from the acatalog folder and all the .pl and .pm files from the cgi-bin folder.
    7. Do a complete refresh through Web | Refresh Website.

But if you are willing to try this let me warn you that till the refresh is complete your site will be down and if you have made any changes to the perl script you will have to reapply them
    Kiran Chandran
    Technical Support - SellerDeck
    http://www.sellerdeck.co.uk/

Further help can also be found at http://community.sellerdeck.com/forumdisplay.php?f=27

Comment

Firstly do a test of the setting through Advanced | network setup | test, if it passes sucessfully try the following else give me the error message.
      I did this and it all came back saying successful and an email sent saying completed fine.

Open My Computer and browse to C:\Program Files\ActinicV6\Sites\Site 1(or equivalent folder)
      2. If you are viewing the files as icons, go to View and select Details. Now arrange them by Type and select all files with .cat and .fil extensions and delete them.
      3. Now find all files with .pl and .pm extensions and delete them as well.
      I then proceeded to steps 1-7 as you mentioned and i'm still getting the following error:

Error: Error opening configuration file ../acatalog/prompt.fil. No such file or directory
      Press the Browser back button and try again or contact the site owner.

I have checked and there is a prompt.fil file within the acatalog directory.

I can't remember changing the perl script though as I never originally set up the shop, I just got shown how to amend basic details.

Comment

It looks a standard template site so you could try reapplying the theme and see if that fixes it.

Comment

Originally posted by RuralWeb View Post
          It looks a standard template site so you could try reapplying the theme and see if that fixes it.
          Still same problem!

Comment

I've just been trying to update our actinic Business version 6.1.4.

Upon updating the to the new ftp details
            Is this a new host - if so who are they?

Comment

Hi,

Can you check that the permissions are correct on the server as per this knowledgebase article.
              Last edited by KB2; 22-Mar-2010, 04:45 PM. Reason: Updating kb links
              Tracey
              SellerDeck

Comment

Working...
              X