Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ajfish
    why use H5? Why not H3 or even H2
    Search engines like and add weight to H1, H2 tags etc as they assume it must be something important as the H tags are generally quite large sizes and add emphasis to a page - I guess the H5 tag is used as you suggest as it is not being used elsewhere so it is safe to specify it as a very small font for the lead into a page

Bikster
    SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Originally posted by ajfish
      Are you really a web site designer?
      On your Parrots site do you see anything wrong with the following?:-
      <TITLE>All 4 Parrots the ultiamte in shopping experiance for Parrots and Parakeets</TITLE>

Do you use a spell checker at all?
      Guess thats the day job, but an english teacher I am not as you can see from previous postings I accept my spelling leaves something to be desired esp when typing quickly. Besides do a search on google for ultiamte number 2 world wide, how many people miss type? Sometimes miss spelling of a domain, keywords etc, can bring great rewards, how do you spell batery anyway? Check out www.gogle.co.uk how much business are they getting off google.co.uk? it is just a listing site, bet they get a good roi on that. Maybe one of the tests you can do on your site is put deliberatly miss spelt products up.

The answer is no I do not use a spell checker. I will instruct the office to ensure one is used, anyhow thanks for bringing it to my attention and it is now changed.

Ok saw the other posts do you know what to do now? the reason for using an h5 or 6 is for the lower font size, but sure you can use a style sheet to control it. So long as you have a Header tag, as I say it is an experiment that I am trying, worth a go...

Best Jez

ps if you have time please take a look at our other sites for typos and I spoke to the parrots and they did not mind...
      --------------------
      www.ProSite.co.uk

Comment

H1 and H2 placement

Hi olderscot

QUOTE "I embed the H1 and H2 tags in my templates so they highlight the appropriate bits (the section name for H1 tags and product name for h2 tags). These tags change the font size and boldness so I redefine them in the CSS file to make them look the way I want them."

Which template do you embed H1 tags in the section name and H2 tages in the product name.

I also want to put a H1 tag for page title on each page of product, can you tell me how you do that as well?

Sorry for all the questions, but iv'e been trying to solve it for ages and you help would be appriciated!
        Phoenix fireworks display UK
        buy fireworks online

Comment

Originally posted by phoenixfirework
          section name for H1 tags
          Edit Act_SectionLine.html

product name for h2 tags
          Edit Act_ProductLIne.html (and and other variations you have in use) and look for NETQUOTEVAR : PRODUCTNAME

H1 tag for page title on each page of product
          Edit Act_ProductBody.html and add in NETQUOTEVAR : PAGETITLE

**** note need to place spaces either side of the colons above as the forum with insert smileys - delete from code proper ****

HTH

Bikster

Comment

H1 PAGETITLE template identification

Thanks Jont, works a dream.

One small question, I thought it would be better to H1 the PAGETITLE at the top of the page in the greyed out table, center column. an example page

http://www.phoenixfireworks.co.uk/ac...lay_packs.html

Here, in the center column top, is "large firework display packs" in grey.

what template do i add <h1> etc to the variable NETQUOTEVAR : PAGETITLE

And many thanks again for your help!
            buy fireworks online

Comment

Act_Primary.html

Bikster

Comment

Often worth disabling CSS ona page to check the cascade of header tags to ensure they are nesting correctly

Bikster

Comment

Gret stuff Jont, many thanks again, this works well.
                  buy fireworks online

Comment

Working...
                  X