Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can I import product variables and product code from my csv file?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can I import product variables and product code from my csv file?

Is there anyway I can import product variables from my csv file

My customer currently has a system which exports stock details as a csv file but each product and it's variable needs a unique product code. For instance a pair of shoes, blue size 10 needs a different product code from one size 11 or one size 10 but coloured orange, despite effectively being the same product.
    Therefore the same product is treated as many products when imported to actinic.

If I could get actinic to recognise from the csv file that it is the same product but that it needs to set variables it would be amazing!!!

I can easily create more fields but cannot reduce the product lines.

Can anyone help.
    Boxhedge New Media Design
    Design and development solutions for SME's.
    Tel: 0118 966 2786
    Examples of work can be found at http://www.boxhedge.com

The way Actinic deals with product variations that have individual stock codes is to associate each variation with a hidden product. Each product has a unique product reference so if a permutation is associated with a hidden product, the reference is carried across.

So in an import file you would need a number of hidden products for each one 'product | component | attribute | choices' tree and associations set up in the component details. Whenever looking to import a file, it's easiest to set up one product in Actinic and then export the catalog to get an understanding of the format.
    Ben Popplestone
    Ecommerce website software

Comment

Working...
    X