Multiple names required for subscriptions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Multiple names required for subscriptions

One of the items for sale in our client's store is a variety of subscriptions. In many cases these subscriptions are paid for a company and will contain payment for multiple "names" associated with a single payment. We need to collect these names with respect to a single payment so that our client can correctly allocate subscriptions.
    What's the best way of doing this?
    The simple answer seems to be to use the "other info" field in the product area and include a prompt such as "Please enter the names of the subscribers associated with this subscription here. " This works but produces a messy, unformatted e-mail to the client. And I'm not sure how many characters this box will "take"
    Ideally we'd like a text entry box which will accept carriage returns and a very high number of characters.

How best to go about it? Any ideas VERY gratefully received.

Dave

I've done a patch that allows for multiple other info prompts.

Some prompts can be optional and they are laid out sensibly on the Product Page, Cart, Customer E-Mail and Reports. See www.rouxel.cwc.net/actinicstuff.html for details.

Norman
    Norman - www.drillpine.biz
    Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Norman
      Many thanks for the reply. I've had a quick look at your link and it's pretty impressive. (In fact a bit daunting) My requirement though is not really to have multiple types of More Info input, but just a list of the same type : i.e a list of peoples names which can be entered into a text box and which will output to the order forms.
      I've been playing with Prompt 2161 and changed it to
      %s<textarea NAME="%s" ROWS="5" COLS="40" %d MAXLENGTH="%d"></textarea> (pinched from the Advanced Guide) and this works fine on the "order" page. I get a nice text box and I can type in a list of names.
      I "add" this to the cart and the first "flash up" screen shows the order correctly, with the names that I typed in.
      However when i then look at the cart it just shows the Text that I put in for a prompt and a new(?) text box; the names seem to have disappeared.
      I've tried to see where the OTHERINFOPROMPT appears (i.e. in the cart page) but I can't find it. I'm not sure where the cart page is getting its info from.
      It's now getting late & my mind is fuzzy so I'll probably take it up again tomorrow morning but if you find time here's the URL so you know what I mean: www.igbstore.com : the textarea bit is in subscriptions: retired members.
      Thanks a lot for your reply. Much appreciated
      Dave

Comment

Hi Norman
        I found virtually all the answers I needed at a Forum posting by Tracey:

Apparently the "TextArea" changes required in the code for 6.1.3 are different to 6.1. I've now managed to get my Text ARea working.

Thanks a million though for your input and help.

Dave

Comment

Working...
        X