Problems installing Actinic on Windows 2000

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problems installing Actinic on Windows 2000

Hi - I have just installed Actinic Business v5 on a PC cleanly built with Windows 2000. I have installed Actinic under the Administrator logon and it works ok.

I actually want to be able to run Actinic from an individual user logon. When I try to do this I get the error "Error locating the 'original' directory" on startup and Actinic then closes down.

Does anybody know what I have done wrong?
    Regards
    David

You have to install it when you are logged on as the user that is going to use it. You get that error because it registry entries are made under HEY_CURRENT_USER in the registry and those entries are specific to each logged on user.
    Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
    Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
    A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
    Product Mash for Sellerdeck
    Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
    Multichannel order processing
    Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Thanks Jan...
      Regards
      David

Comment

...a question I've just thought of...

Can we export the Reg key from the current user and import it into all users?
        Regards
        David

Comment

Quite probably. I haven't tried it but I can't see why it wouldn't work.

Regards,
          Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud

A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
          Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
          Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

I've just noticed that the ODBC connections are also set up as user DSNs so may well have to do the same for these as well. The ODBC settings for users are stored in

HKEY_USERS/<id>/Software/ODBC/ODBC.ini/ActinicCatalog6
            HKEY_USERS/<id>/Software/ODBC/ODBC.ini/ActinicOriginal6
            HKEY_USERS/<id>/Software/ODBC/ODBC.ini/ActinicSimpleShipping6

Where <id> is number that looks like a class-id.

If you are lucky you might just be able to set up a system DSN for all users to use instead.

Comment

Working...
            X