My Pics Have Gone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Pics Have Gone

i AM USING V7 AND ALL MY PICS HAVE GONE FROM THE CONTENTS PAGE BUT DO APPEAR ON THE WEB SITE THIS IS USING WINDOWS XP, SO I HAVE NOW INSTALLED THE SAME V7 ON TO ANOTHER PC USING VISTA, THE PICS WILL STILL NOT APPEAR. THEY ARE THERE FOR THE SAMPLE SITE SUPPLIED WITH ACTINIC BUT WHEN I ADDED A PRODUCT OF MY OWN THE PICS WERE NOT THERE . IS THERE A SIMPLE FIX FOR THIS
    www.craftlights.co.uk
    Last edited by HOWARD COLLINS; 28-Dec-2008, 11:48 PM. Reason: to get rid of the pay pal ?
    IS IT POSSIBLE TO ACCEPT PAYPAL AS A PYMENT PROVIDER WITHIN ACTINIC V 7

All your images must be in the site1 folder for v7 to work correctly.

Yes you can use paypal.

It sounds like you are setting up a new site - why are you using v7? - it's not supported any more

Comment

my pics have gone

thanks for that but I have been using v7 for several years and my pics suddenly vanished , just leaving me with the red x. I am sure I have done something to cause this a . switch or box that needs ticking but I just cannot find it.
      Howard

Comment

URL then???

Comment

Is this question in your signature or still require the question answering, as Duncan Rounding answered this question when you asked back in 2005 and Mal has just answered above.

If you have accidentally added into your forum signature it would be advisable to alter it as it will become confusing if you start making several posts.
          Darren Guppy
          Golf Tee Warehouse
          Golf Tees and Golf Accessories.

Comment

This must be the post Christmas wind up post.

Comment

my pics have gone

I have tried everything I can think of to get them back , the paypal question was a mistake with my signature, please help if you can

Comment

As Mal already suggested a url would help get to the bottom of your problem...? (you can edit your signature from within your control panel btw)
                The Pretty Dress Company

Comment

The url is in the first post.

All the pictures look ok to me. If you still have a problem then try deleting your website cookie on your PC. It may have been corrupted.

Mike
                  -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

The URL is there now yes but I'm tired of this game.

Comment

You have a 5 megabyte (yes 5 MEGABYTES) animated GIF at the top of your product pages. That may be interfering with the loading of other content. Lose it.
                      Norman - www.drillpine.biz
                      Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

my pics are gone

I HAVE TRIED ALL THE SUGGESTIONS, THE ONE THAT SEEMS TO WORK IS TO HAVE ALL THE PICS IN A SEPERATE FILE IN SITE 1 , THIS HAS NEVER BEEN NECCESSARY IN THE PAST AS THEY HAVE ALL BEEN IN A FILE ON THE DESKTOP.PERHAPS SOME UPDATE TO WINDOWS HAS CAUSED THIS
                        SO THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR HELP

Comment

The usual advice is to have all images in your site folder or in sub-folder in your site folder, storing images outside of this can result in problems.

I seem to remember Actinic giving a warning message if any images are referenced outside the site folder.
                          Darren Guppy
                          Golf Tee Warehouse
                          Golf Tees and Golf Accessories.

Comment

Full circle to my post no2. Because your images were ok the desktop they would not be included in the snapshot and so would all be missing when you imported the site to the other pc.

Comment

And please don't keep shouting Howard
                              The Pretty Dress Company

Comment

Working...
                              X