absurd number of session files?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

absurd number of session files?

I have just logged on to my server using FTP, and I seem to have (a lot) more session files than usual. On further inspection, most of them seem to be from the same IP address...

I got 16 sessions from the IP address 130.228.219.42 between 12:01 and 12:02, and then 13 more from the same IP at 13:05, then another 6 between 14:38 and 14:39.

Does this signify something? Is it as user having problems? a spider or other automated utility? a proxy server with a lot of dieters behind it? a new 'low carb' internet cafe that has made my site the default...? 8)

Apart from the IP address, is there any other useful info I can get from the session name?

Is there anyway to tell if they are still active?
    John

I'll just guess that someone had cookies disabled but still tried to add to cart lots of times. I have not tested this theory.
    Bob Ladden

Comment

they must be pretty desperate to buy, they tried again at 04:04 this morning...
      John

Comment

It's strange but a reverse DNS lookup on the IP addresses doesn't come up an assigned owner and it looks as if they're still assigned to the RIPE Network Co-ordination Centre.

At a guess, I'd have to say that it doesn't look like a real customer having problems. More like somebody 'playing' around.

Mike
        -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

Working...
        X