Permissions intermittantly change when updating website

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Permissions intermittantly change when updating website

We had a major problem on the website just before Xmas (great timing) whereby the permissions on folders kept changing meaning customers could not search and more importantly buy. A full refresh did not solve the problem and our web developer had to do a lot of work to get the problem solved (and I don't just mean change the folder permissions on the server as we had a whole host of error messages). All was well with website updating correctly (using Mole-end software). That was until today when the permissions suddenly changed back after our first update of the day (we update 5 times a day). Web developer changed permissions on folders and all was okay. I did a manual update and it was okay. Then this evening they have now changed back again!!

Again testing settings shows the web directory is not writable.

Yes, the web developer will change back the permissions again, but this is not the solution. Can I have some advice on this. We use v7

whereby the permissions on folders kept changing
    Welcome, Beverley.

I'm not the one to fix this type of problem but a little more information will help those who come later.

1) Who are your hosts?

2) Is it Windows or Linux hosting?

3) What folders was this happening to, what permissions were set and what were they erroneously changed to?

4) You mention "folders" - in plural. Actinic only uses the acatalog and cgi-bin folder on your server so if other folders are having their permissions changed it won't be Actinic doing it.
    Norman - www.drillpine.biz
    Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

We also need the URL of the website

Comment

Working...
      X