Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

date booking ???

Hi,

I have a client who wants a a site showing a number of different villas in Florida and allowing visitors to book the villas by dates i.e select the dates they would like to rent the villas for.

There will be different prices for different villas, times of year and daily or weekly rates.

Ideally my client would like to allow visitors to select the from and to dates click buy and then pay.

I would be grateful if anyone can offer advice or ideas on how to set this up.

Kind Regards

John

I can think of one possible solution. You can create separate sections for each villas. Then you can set up separate products for date ranges where the pricing is different. The date prompt of the product can be used to capture the start date of the rent and the quantity field can be used to capture the number of nights (or weeks).
    I hope this helps.

Regards,
    Zoltan
    Actinic Software
    www.actinic.co.uk

Comment

Another way would be to setup a 'product' on Actinic for each bookable week in each villa, then use components to select the required dates. Doing it this way you could then also have sections for each available date, showing the villas that are available for that date.

If you used stock control in Actinic and set the stock in hand to 1 for each week/villla product you could then automatically 'sell' weeks.

I don't know how you would sell a fortnights holiday though, unless people added two weeks to the cart.

Regards,
      Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
      Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
      A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
      Product Mash for Sellerdeck
      Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
      Multichannel order processing
      Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Many thanx, thats given me some food for thought. At the back of my mind I was worrying that someone would write back and say it was impractical after Ive told my client no problem.

Kind Regards

John

Comment

Working...
        X