Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

can't buy online after refreshing the site

Help!!!
    I've got a customer whose site just crashed the second time when I upload files from my end.
    She is using ACtinic to add her products, and that works fine, I update the HTML pages around the home page, and they are tied in with Actinic, and that causes mayhem. Currently, her shop is not working, and the following is the error message you get when you try to put something into the basket:

CGI Error
    The specified CGI application misbehaved by not returning a complete set of HTTP headers. The headers it did return are:

Can't use string ("") as a subroutine ref while "strict refs" in use at cgi-bin/cm000001.pm line 1619.

If anybody wants to know the site...: www.beautifulthings.co.uk...
    I don't know what the problem is: we send snapshots to and fro, so that I have the latest version of the site when I update things, and somewhere along the line, something must have gone wrong.
    Please help!!!
    Thanks
    Anuschka
    Moustique Design
    www.moustique.net
    Web Design with a Sting!

Can't help you with that error message, but I've found that the snapshots don't save everything and the only way to be completely sure you've got it all when switching from one computer to another is to copy the *whole* of the site1 directory and dump it on the other comp - while Actinic is shutdown or the database won't copy - this fools Actinic into thinking that it's been there all along. Obviously it's a huge amount of data but other than that you'll be trawling through looking for modified files.

Best of luck!

Josie
    Josie Henley-Einion
    Collectors Supplies
    http://www.csbooks.co.uk

Comment

thanks

Hi Josie!
      Thanks for that - I am thinking about getting rid of Actinic in the first few pages, so that I can update the HTML files and the customer can do their products. Your post seems to indicate that that is the best solution in the long run, if I'm not the only one who is experiencing problems like that!

Thanks for the quick reply, I will speak to my customer abou that...
      Anuschka
      Moustique Design
      www.moustique.net
      Web Design with a Sting!

Comment

We keep our general site pages separate to the shopping pages, although with version 6 you can integrate. I'd say if your customer is happy having total control of the Actinic pages and you have the 'brochure' pages outside of Actinic then this would be the ideal solution.

By the way, I followed the link to beautiful things from moustique and both look fab.

Josie
        Josie Henley-Einion
        Collectors Supplies
        http://www.csbooks.co.uk

Comment

Thanks for the "verbal flowers"! What do you do, are you a Web Designer, too?
          Anuschka
          Moustique Design
          www.moustique.net
          Web Design with a Sting!

Comment

Anuschka, I've deleted the duplicate posting in the Initial Website / Network Configuration forum to avoid any confusion. Please avoid posting duplicate messages.
            Ben Popplestone
            Ecommerce website software

Comment

Sorry, I put it into the wrong thread at first...
              Moustique Design
              www.moustique.net
              Web Design with a Sting!

Comment

Working...
              X