How to get more than 1 product per row.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to get more than 1 product per row.

How can I make more than 1 product appear per row? Ideally I want 3 per row. I have played around with the Act_ProductLine template and managed to get all products onto 1 row by deleting the <TR> tags but I need a new row to start every 3 products.

Any suggestions?

Marc

I'd get around this using custom variables - if you set up a customvar called TABLE_TAGS or something, then for every third product in your section add the customvar as <TR></TR> and leave the other two without it. Then in your template add CUSTOMVAR:TABLE_TAGS after the </TD> - it won't do anything to the two products without the customvar but will add the tr's for the ones you want.

The downside of doing this is that if you add/delete or move around any products within the section, you'll have to go through it again making sure that every third one has this customvar and the others don't have it.

I haven't tested it, this is just an idea. If anyone can think of a better way then I will bow to their superior knowledge.

Josie
    Josie Henley-Einion
    Collectors Supplies
    http://www.csbooks.co.uk

Comment

uh - duh! the customvar should be </TR><TR> not what I said above <TR></TR> obviously!
      Josie Henley-Einion
      Collectors Supplies
      http://www.csbooks.co.uk

Comment

Thanks Josie

Great idea - works well. Luckily I only have 6 products for this particular page so there wont be too much re-editing each time I change products etc.

Thanks again

Marc

Comment

There's a solution to this posted in the knowledge base;

click here for details.

Mike
          -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

Working...
          X