Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

v7 editing

Hi,

Have just downloaded my clients actinic v7 website to my computer, (includes 'acatalog'), and would like to know which file/template I need to edit in dreamweaver in order to change the look of the whole site.

Any help or pointers would be greatfully received.

Many Thanks

You use the template manager - its all in the help files or been posted before

Comment

Originally posted by sta777 View Post
      Have just downloaded my clients actinic v7 website to my computer, (includes 'acatalog')
      If it includes the acatalog folder, it sound like you have website itself (which can't be edited) and not the Actinic database (which can be edited - but only with a copy of Actinic) and template files (which can be edited with other design tools).

Comment

Forget the stuff you downloaded from the clients live web-site.

Actinic builds the site on your clients PC and uploads it. Any changes you make to the uploaded pages will be overwritten the next time your Client updates the site.

Actinic needs to be installed at your end (make sure you install an identical version to your client). Then you need to get your client to export a Snapshot which you then import into your installation.
        Norman - www.drillpine.biz
        Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Then you need to get your client to export a Snapshot which you then import into your installation
          Then you can use the template manager -

Comment

Working...
          X