Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CGI or is IP problems? - cant download

Hi,

I recently changed the IP of my site and now i cant download orders. Its about 24 hours since i changed it and whilst a number of people can see the site and place orders (e-mails confirm this) and i can ftp the ip address (filezilla), however i cant personally see the site.

If i ping the domain it shows the shared IP not the new one. Could this be why i cant download any orders - this is what i see:

Actinic is not able to run the CGI scripts on the server. It appears as if the scripts are not installed. The most likely cause is that you have an incorrect CGI-BIN URL. If you've never uploaded the site, then you should do it before a download of orders. If you've uploaded the site ever, then Run Web | Configure Web Site Details... to review your web site configuration.

I have tried to do the configure website details and do get so far but then get the error attached.

The website is here and the new IP is: 92.63.134.146

Any assistance or advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

Bill
    Attached Files

Wait 48 hours first, then start to worry. Did they not warn you it might take 48 hours to complete? If some are seeing it and others aren't, that is usually a good sign and shows the change is occurring.

Comment

Lee thanks for the reply.

Nope, there was no mention it could take that long. I've changed IP's in the past and its taken about 4 hours.

The fact that others can see the site, could this be them seeing it on the old shared server IP - and as it does move to the new IP, they too wont be able to see it. I'm being negative here i know. Never been in this situation before.

Comment

Have you run "ipconfig flushdns" (without quotes) on your PC, do this from Run, cmd.

this will clear the old shared IP from your pc you then might be able to ping the new ip then. Reboot pc, router etc also to flush the old ip if necessary.

Make sure you didn't add the old ip to your hosts file.

Change of IP can be quick but it depends on your ISP.

What is the site and what is the new IP - then some of us can test to see where it is

assuming you can ping to the new ip, you could change networksettings temporarily to have hostname as the new ip, then you should be able to download orders from the site at the new ip

Comment

The new site IP works for me and resolves.

Comment

woops, sorry i see the first post gives the site and new IP.

I too see the site on the new IP

Comment

24 hours later i now finally see it too. Must be the last person to see it. :-)

Thanks all

By the way, the site is run on v7, is jumping to V9 a big step?

Comment

Working...
              X