Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Laptop - Re-install

Hey People,

I have a copy of Developer 7 running a few sites on Windows XP. I have just bought a new laptop with windows vista on it. Can you tell me what I would need to do to get Developer running on the new machine - do i need to download any updates?

I have not imported any sites yet - but when i start actinic i get an error saying Write access is denied to C: Programe files...........Site1\actinicextras.js

When i click Ok on that i get another error The theme change was aborted...

When i ok that i get an error A serious error occured: The default theme and templates could not be activated. Please contact your actinic reseller

Cheer in advance

A

Download and install Actinic version 7.0.7 then enter your current license key, license the sites you require and import a snapshot from old machine to new install for each site respectively.
    Fergus Weir - teclan ltd
    Ecommerce Digital Marketing

SellerDeck Responsive Web Design

SellerDeck Hosting
    SellerDeck Digital Marketing

Comment

install

Ok will try that now - i did install from disc so hopefully this version will over write the old one?

A

Comment

new issue

I did that and I am now gettin an error saying "Unable to locate the Database for the selected site. The site will remain unchanged" - and the programme wont open. The opening actinic screen comes up but when i press ok on the error message it goes away - also - the opening screen now has Actinic Catalog and not Actinic Developer like my older version did.

Any thoughts?

A

Comment

There are two things to bear in mind with Vista:
          • Go into Windows Explorer and give yourself as many permissions as possible over at least the site file and if possible the whole Actinic program folder on C: (you might even have to turn the UAC off or run in Adminitrative mode)
          • The database and possibly the entire site folder (sorry in a hurry can't remember which!) might have been placed in Documents rather in C:, as it is in XP - this is another security measure.

There is quite a lot about this on the forum already - common problm

Aquazuro - designer stainless steel accessories

Comment

Working...
          X