Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

creating additional pages not visible through current store

Can I do this?

I sell a basic range of products from a single page store using a V7 install.

I want to upsell to existing clients via email campaigns but I would like to use my existing store to feature a new range of products to sell to these customers.

What I don't want is folks finding the new products from the original product pages.

I would like to create new pages to direct folks to from urls in the emails but not have the two flows of customers mixing up.

Can I do this?

I presume I can also stop the various pages being indexed via the htaccess file if necessary.

Any one done anything like this?

Thanks

there are a few interesting methods.

1) you can use htaccess and htpasswd, to generate 'password' files.

what I did was use the filename mask 'SECURE_' in my htaccess. every file containing that string, was password protected. just naming the sections did the trick to activate this. example below the left nav.

the downside, is that you can really only have 1 tier of security, secure, or not at all.

2) javascript security.

you could have a script loaded in the header, that re-located a user, based on simple password input, or a cookie.

this isnt recommended, but its the simplest, its not secure and its trivialm to crack.

3) second shop, same server.

you could upload a copy of your shop, to a different folder, with a different script ID. then lock the entire folder with htaccess+htpasswd. this is simpler than 1, but requires you to upload a second copy of your shop, and has seperate orders. not good, really.

there will be plenty more.

Comment

Working...
    X