Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

other info and date question not appearing on website

Hi

I have a new computer working on Vista. Was using Windows XP and Catalog 7.0.6. Have downloaded Catalog 7.0.7 from Actinic and imported snapshot. Have now managed to get photos appearing on site by moving Site1 into my documents. However Other Info questions and Date prompts will not appear on website.

Have been through alot of the community info but cannot find answer. In Design/design options have selected 'quantity on product page'. On individual sections selected 'use parent settings'.

Website is www.icingandthecake.co.uk

Please can anyone help as have had to suspending ordering on website.

Thanks

Originally posted by Podiddly View Post
    Hi

I have a new computer working on Vista. Was using Windows XP and Catalog 7.0.6. Have downloaded Catalog 7.0.7 from Actinic and imported snapshot. Have now managed to get photos appearing on site by moving Site1 into my documents. However Other Info questions and Date prompts will not appear on website.

Have been through alot of the community info but cannot find answer. In Design/design options have selected 'quantity on product page'. On individual sections selected 'use parent settings'.

Website is www.icingandthecake.co.uk

Please can anyone help as have had to suspending ordering on website.

Thanks
    have now refreshed website and date prompt working but other info not.

Comment

Can you confirm that the "other info question" field in the "prompts" tab in your product details still has the "question" that you were asking.
      If it is not showing then possibly this field is empty after upgrade?

Incidentally - PoDiddly? Interesting user title. Made me think of an Irish rapper!
      Fergus Weir - teclan ltd
      Ecommerce Digital Marketing

SellerDeck Responsive Web Design

SellerDeck Hosting
      SellerDeck Digital Marketing

Comment

Hi Fergusw
        Yes the questions are still there just not showing when uploading to website.

No, I am not an Irish rapper just something my other half used to call me years ago - can't even remember why now!

Comment

I've not used Other Info Questions, but I notice this in the page source:
          <script language=JavaScript>setotherinfo(...)
          leading me to guess that the Other Info Questions are added to the page by a JavaScript function called 'setotherinfo'. Have you got the correct versions of the .js files (probably actinicextras.js)?

Comment

Actinic doesn't use javascript for the other info box by default, so are you using a plug-in to maybe show multiple other info boxes - possibly from Drillpine?
            Tracey
            SellerDeck

Comment

If it's Normans multiotherinfo patch then you willneed to reinstall it as the upgrade will have wiped the scripts - IIRC

Comment

Originally posted by RuralWeb View Post
                If it's Normans multiotherinfo patch then you willneed to reinstall it as the upgrade will have wiped the scripts - IIRC
                Thanks for advise, will try to sort it

Comment

Originally posted by TraceyG View Post
                  Actinic doesn't use javascript for the other info box by default, so are you using a plug-in to maybe show multiple other info boxes - possibly from Drillpine?

Thanks for the advice - not sure for definite- will look into it

Comment

That's definitely my Multi Other Info. In the V6 / V7 era I provided this as "Donationware". If you honoured that, remind me how and I'll try to help.
                    Norman - www.drillpine.biz
                    Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Hi Norman,
                      Thanks for your input. I used a third party to set up my website who I am in the process of trying to contact -not sure if they are still in the same business. Have found some paperwork from this time. He was Karl from interagency.co.uk/Judith Bonser and it was June 2006.
                      To be honest this is all above my computer ability so any help would be gratefully accepted. Thanks

Comment

That person is still around and can be found here jabonser dot co dot uk.

Comment

Originally posted by acompton View Post
                          I've not used Other Info Questions, but I notice this in the page source:

leading me to guess that the Other Info Questions are added to the page by a JavaScript function called 'setotherinfo'. Have you got the correct versions of the .js files (probably actinicextras.js)?
                          Thanks for advice Alan

Comment

Originally posted by Podiddly View Post
                            Thanks for advice Alan
                            My (wrong) guess was a stab in the dark that I was hoping would trigger someone else. I may have paved the way for the others to point to Norman's plugin.

Comment

Working...
                            X