New printer - no printing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New printer - no printing

Hello, haven't been here for a long time.

I've just changed my printer to a wireless Canon MP620 and now I find that I can't print from Actinic. The Print and Print Setup commands just seem to be completely ignored - nothing happens, no error messages or anything. The printer is working okay with other applications.

Can anyone help? (I'm using v7).

Many thanks,
    Susan.

www.CardsAtYourFingertips.co.uk
    Innovative and Original greetings cards for all occasions

I think you need to do a manual print (selecting the printer) and then it will remember the settings after you do that. It gets all attached to the old printer bit like you might do to your old slippers or those kegs with a hole in.

Comment

When I click on Print Setup literally nothing happens. I don't get a dialogue box appearing to allow me to change printers.
      Susan.

Comment

Try it actually on an order. Go to print off a report and then click the setup button, see if you can see it. If not maybe a PC reboot is needed, sounds like it is not being seen for some reason, maybe incorrect or faulty installation.

Comment

You might need to delete the registry entry. See this thread: http://community.actinic.com/showthread.php?t=11971

Mike
          -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

Mikes right, if you have already removed your printer, then put the old one back and then change the printer in actinic or edit the registry.

IMHO this is a right pain in the arse, i print over VPN's and networks and when these a problem i have to delete registrey keys to use a local printer.

Comment

Thanks everyone for trying to help here. Mike that thread you directed me to is the exact problem. However when I go into Regedit, there is no folder that I can see in Site 1 (or anywhere else within the Actinic folder) called Print Settings. I also can't reconnect the old printer , because my dear efficient husband took it to the local tip at the weekend

Any more ideas, I can't print any invoices at the moment. Oh, and don't know if it'll make a difference but I'm using Vista.

Thanks,
              Susan.

Comment

That registry setting was from a 2005 post. I think that setting's now in

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Actinic\Catalog7\Sites\<site name>\Printer Settings
                Norman - www.drillpine.biz
                Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

thats what i have on Vista Norman

Comment

I deleted the registry entry and I now have invoices printing beautifully on my new printer

Thank you all very much.
                    Susan.

Comment

Working...
                    X