Refresh Site

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Refresh Site

Help Needed! - When i try to upload or refresh the site V7 it is getting stuck on sending base files bb000001.pl. i have to turn it off and restart.

Thanks in advance

I had a monster upload issue last night, but finally got through it. Usual things:
    • Network Test
    • Deleted Files from Server
    • Changed the Script ID
    • Help | Troubleshooting | Purge and Refresh

Any or all of the above. I've no experience of V7, so don't know whether or not things are slightly different, but I'd imagine that all manor of upload problems and solutions are in the community somewhere.

Army Gore-tex
    Winter Climbing Mitts
    webD's Blog: Website design, SEO and other ramblings…
    Twitter LinkedIN

If you think a post is good, rate it!

Find the answers in the Knowledge Base | Have you read the User Guides

Comment

Problems

I asked actinic support about this problem and the answer was '

'When you change the location that you upload from the generated passcodes between software and site are re-negotiated.
      You will need to go to ‘Help | Troubleshooting’ and click the button ‘Compare Perl Scripts’ and if the message reports that the scripts are unchanged, click the button ‘Web Site Purge and Refresh’.
      In the screen that opens tick all of the options and click the button ‘Delete and Refresh’.
      This will then replace the master scripts and regenerate the configuration files'

I have tried this but once again it has got stuck on the same file and my site is now down for the weekend.

Any help would be much appreciated!

Comment

Try changing the script ID number (remember that any hard coded cgi-inks may be afftected) and then do a purge and refresh.

Posting a URL might help to see what's going on.

Comment

www.plumbingsupplyservices.co.uk

Although as i explained no one can buy from it now as it is ko'd

Comment

Sorry for being thick but how do you change the script id?

Comment

Advanced - Network Setup - Common Settings

Comment

Sorted

Many Thanks for the advice.

I changed the setting use passive transfer and it has loaded. any reason i cant stick with this?

Comment

If you haven't made any any cgi type hard coded links yourself then you should be fine. If you have then you would need to update the script id part of the link.

The site seems to be working fine to me.

Comment

Split Site

My next problem is that i host the site in one office and maintain the orders in another. I have had a message stating -

the server scripts are incomplete with the version of actinic . refresh the site

If ordered processing is split from web site maintenance then the two copies of actinic must be upgraded to the same version

If this error persists copy the Perl scripts from the original subdirectory and try again

Server version ##’7 gbga client version ##7’hcfa’’.

Is this just a case of loading the site the same way in the other office?

Comment

No - you must use the same specific version of Actinic on both PCs.

Comment

yes i use the same copy - the other office retrieves orders and my office makes changes to the site - i never touch the order tabs they never change the content. it has worked for 3 yrs plus - but now they cannot retrieve an order

Comment

We ran different versions for a while but there will come a time when you have to have both pc's on the same level or this happens as you are finding now.
                          www.parklifeclothes.co.uk

Parklife, Whitby

Diesel, Converse, Crocs, Quiksilver, Miss Sixty, Scotch & Soda, Bench, Levi's, Kickers

Comment

Working...
                          X