Apple Mac

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Apple Mac

Does anyone run actinic from a apple mac. I am sucked off with my pc/vista. crashes/updates/anti virus making it v slow etc.

Gabriel does, and I sometimes do.

However we're not talking about there being an OS/X version of Actinic. You need to run it in a virtual machine. I use VMWare Fusion to host an XP system within Leopard and Actinic within that. As this virtual system is connected to the Internet, it needs to be kept up-to-date and have an Internet security / anti-virus system running just like a PC.
    Norman - www.drillpine.biz
    Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

So would i have to still have my pc on and switch over when i needed to do any actinic work?

sorry in advance for being dull - can you explain virtual machine

Comment

See http://community.actinic.com/showthread.php?t=39686 which you'd have found easily if you'd tried searching first.

As for "virtual machine" - Google for it.

Comment

So would i have to still have my pc on and switch over when i needed to do any actinic work?
          No. You'd have a window running on your Mac that contains an entire XP system.

Comment

If the notion of a virtual machine confuses then its probably best to not go down that path.

it means for me, that i can snapshot a moment in the virtual system, make some changes, and if it goes wrong, i can recall any moment i snapshotted.

its wonderful for testing installers, and software.

The last 4 sites i designed were done entirely in a vm, and Actinet is written and tested in a vm.

Comment

many thanks - i am a quick learner - and i can read and ask questions - i learnt these tools in school - apple it is then!!!

Comment

I use bootcamp, which allows you to load XP / Vista on startup
                Web design Bradford

Comment

Working...
                X