Two Checkouts from 1 site - possible? V6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Two Checkouts from 1 site - possible? V6

We are introducing a new product line which will be physically despatched from a different address than the rest of our lines. Ideally, I'd like to keep these separate from the existing lines but orderable from the same site. So is it possible to set it up so that orders of the new line are kept separate?

Doug

Not a chance IMO. What if a product from each group is bought?

Comment

"What if a product from each group is bought?"

Well that's the whole point, really. I don't want it to be possible to mix orders with products from both groups - I want them kept separate.

Doug

Comment

Needs to be 2 sites then, unless you use 'must be logged in' to buy the one product type restriction. Sounds bitty and messy though.

Comment

A simple remark on the invoice to say some items may be shipped separately would surely do the trick. A rubber stamp even.

Comment

Originally posted by drounding View Post
            A simple remark on the invoice to say some items may be shipped separately would surely do the trick. A rubber stamp even.
            I want to be able to charge postage for each consignment. If orders for both product groups are included on a single order, postage will only be charged for one consignment.

Doug

Comment

Upgrade your software to something from this decade and you can do that.

Comment

Originally posted by leehack View Post
                I guess the 'ship separately' option wasn't around in V6 then, eh?
                I doubt you'll find anyone with a magic solution short of 2 sites or upgrading.
                Tracey

Comment

Originally posted by TraceyHand View Post
                  I couldn't say for sure, I was presuming it would have been investigated, then again, maybe worth a check if he has possibly overlooked it. I wouldn't expect it to exist, I thought V6 only offered the 'pigeon' or 'dove' delivery options.

Comment

Originally posted by leehack View Post
                    Well, it IS from this decade but, hyperbole notwithstanding, I get your point...Things have moved on, eh?

Doug

Comment

Originally posted by TraceyHand View Post
                      I doubt you'll find anyone with a magic solution short of 2 sites or upgrading.
                      I'll have another look round to make sure.

Thanks

Doug

Comment

IMO if your site is being run using V6, then neither you, nor your business are moving with the times and you should take a good look into that area. Appreciate it is technically from this era, but it is from a time when ecommerce was nothing like what it is now. Download the free 30 day trial of V9 and take a free look at what you have now.

Comment

You don't say how you charge for shipping.

I think in v6 there is an option to charge by weight or quantity, thus if you use ship by quantity you will be able to charge for both items. if you charge by weight or fixed fix there is nothing you can do.

was shipping overhauled in 7,8 or 9?

Comment

Originally posted by pinbrook View Post
                            You don't say how you charge for shipping.

I think in v6 there is an option to charge by weight or quantity, thus if you use ship by quantity you will be able to charge for both items. if you charge by weight or fixed fix there is nothing you can do.

was shipping overhauled in 7,8 or 9?
                            We charge shipping based on order value. Shipping costs for an order of any particular value would be the same if the order was made up of items from only one of the product ranges or both. However, in the event of an order made of products from both ranges, we would actually have 2 shipping costs since the items from each range would be sent separately.

Doug

Comment

you can't do it then....

Comment

Working...
                              X