General Script Error after choosing destination country

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

General Script Error after choosing destination country

I have tested our site www.justlockets.co.uk using the two machines used to create it, and everything works fine.

However, when I asked a trusted friend in the Netherlands to test it as well he encountered the following error.

A General Script Error Occurred

Error the site configuration has been updated by the shop operator while you are checking out. Please navigate back to the product pages by pressing the browserback button and try again or contact the site owner

Press the Braowser back button again or contact the site owner.

The site was not being updated at the time.

The error occured after the destination country had been selected and the "next" button clicked, in the checkout area.

I have little knowledge in the web design area, and have had a lot of help in getting this far, but unfortunately my help has left the country!!

Any pointers as to the cause of the problem would be gratefully recieved, as I am under great pressure to finish the site.

Thanks

John Edwards-Twist
    Somerville Laboratories Limited
    JET

I am also in The Netherlands. When I was trying to checkout everything was fine until I got to the "You will now be automatically transferred to the Protx VSP secure server..." bit. Nothing happened! it just sits there displaying this message; for over 7 minutes as I type.

I have a couple remarks about other things:

I presume that if I did get to the Protx bit then it would diplay in the same window. The window has no status bar and so it won't be able to display the padlock. People rely on that for reassurance.

Why is the shop in a separate, very small, window? You have to scroll down a number of times during checkout. I like the look but the small, un-resizable window is annoying.

The colour of the optional text field labels is darker than the mandatory ones which is counter-intuitive.
    Chris Brown

Comment

I am also in The Netherlands. When I was trying to checkout everything was fine until I got to the "You will now be automatically transferred to the Protx VSP secure server..." bit. Nothing happened! it just sits there displaying this message; for over 7 minutes as I type.
      Created a site yesterday and found this problem with the PROTX page although I have fixed it before.

Just changed the test to read.

"Please click the NEXT button...."
      Owner of a broken heart

Comment

Thank you for your replies it makes it more confusing that you were able to get further than the other tester. I shall try and have the Protx forwarding page updated as soon as possible.

John Edwards-Twist
        JET

Comment

Working...
        X