component postage cost

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

component postage cost

Can someone please explain to me laymans terms how to get actinic to add postage costs to a component item.
    At present if someone buys a cowboy costume and adds
    hat
    gun
    holster

it only charges post for the cowboy costume?
    i think i have to set 3 items above up as products, hidden on website with their weight.

What do i need to tick in the component box? i presume i have to associate ne3w hidden product with the component.

See all very confusing to a man !!!!

Help Me Please

Paul

Does this post not help?
    Ben Popplestone
    Ecommerce website software

Comment

Postage

Probably is very helpful if i could understand it.

I tried adding product and hid it on website,postage 0.10, i associated the component product to it and when i wen to checkout the postage was nearly as much as the item?

Confused,
      Now i have a little hicup that my choices on some of my products dont show up at checkout or on my downloadable invoice?

Any ideas Ben?

Thanks
      Paul

Comment

It sounds like you are doing it correctly - there must be something in your shipping tables that is causing Actinic to generate a high postage charge.

Use a calculator to add together the weights of the main product, and all the hidden products that are associated with the components within the main product, and then check your shipping tables to see how much that weight will come to.

Don't have any ideas about the missing choices - could you give us a URL to look at.

Comment

Working...
        X