Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Should I invest in Developer?

Hi,

As far as I can see from the Actinic main site Developer is sold on the basis of two benefits:

1. Cost savings: E.g. it's cheaper for the client because they only need to buy Download manager, you can license many sites etc.

2. Bespoking: Developer edition is more tightly integrated into Dreamweaver.

I've played around with the Business V6 templates a bit and although much of it remains a mystery I can imagine that, with help and effort on my part, I could figure out most of what is happening.

So can anyone advise me on whether buying Developer is a good investment?

Also, does Developer give you more design freedom than you get from editing the templates?

Really appreciate advice on this.

Thanks, Tony
    Software developed at a fraction of UK rates
    http://www.save-on-software.com

Developer is really only justified if you are going to work with many sites, only then does the licencing argument apply. The design freedom is the same although the Dreamweaver integration may be useful to you.
    Chris Brown

Comment

We develop using this method (in Developer but the same goes for Catalog and Business).

1. Create your design in Fireworks (or other graphics program)
      2. Convert the design to HTML in Dreamweaver
      3. Add the required Actinic Netquotevars.
      4. Make adjustment to product & cart templates

I have to agree, Developer is really for multiple sites and the template editing is no different except the Dreamweaver extension comes with Developer.
      Owner of a broken heart

Comment

Working...
      X