Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Server Issue - acatalog directory created in cgi-bin

Hello Folks,

I'm in the process of transferring my site to another server and am having an issue with actinic.

I've changed the network settings and the test says everything is O.K.
    I've also created a directory called acatalog in public_html

However when I click on refresh site, the software says all the files are being uploaded but it creates an acatolog directory in the cgi-bin and loads the files there.

I can see that I don't need to manually create a directory for acatalog, but I'm not sure what I've done wrong with the network settings. I have included a screen shot that shows the current settings.

If someone can advise me where I've gone wrong I'd be very grateful.

Many thanks,

Myles
    Attached Files
    www.magicalwonders.com

That would probably be because you've told actinic that the 'path from cgi-bin to acatalog directory as viwed by the ftp server' is ../cgi-bin/acatalog/

Try deleting this bit and leave it blank. Actinic should be able to work it out from the other network info you've given it.

Mike
    -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

Hi Mike,

Thanks for the assistance. I left that box blank as suggested and the acatalog directory was then created above the public_html directory. I then spotted that on the left hand side of Network Setup the path from cgi-bin to acatalog directory had an extra dot ../acatalog/

So I've corrected that to ./acatalog/ but am now getting the following error:

Your Catalog URL appears to be invalid. The files uploaded to the given 'Path from cgi-bin to acatalog directory', can not be downloaded via the browser on the given Catalog URL. These two access routes don't point to the same destination on the server.
      Not sure what needs to change this time?

I've included a screen shot of the latest changes.

Myles
      Attached Files
      www.magicalwonders.com

Comment

Originally posted by magicalwonders View Post
        I then spotted that on the left hand side of Network Setup the path from cgi-bin to acatalog directory had an extra dot ../acatalog/

So I've corrected that to ./acatalog/
        I'm not sure you should have made this 'correction' - I think '../acatalog' is correct (the 2 dots mean "go up one level").
        ActiveStock
        On-line, real-time stock control plug-in for Actinic V7, V8 and V9
        **New - Captcha plug-in for your Contact Us form**

ActiveStock website
        Free 30 Day Trial
        ActiveStock Blog (including a new tutorial on a 'Sort By' function for long section pages)

Comment

I'm not sure you should have made this 'correction' - I think '../acatalog' is correct (the 2 dots mean "go up one level").
          O.K. I've reverted to ../acatalog/ and everything passes the Network test.

Only problem now is that Actinic seems to be broken. Neither upload website or refresh website it working. It ask me if I'm sure I want to refresh and after clicking yes it does nothing!

I've tried importing a snapshot, but that doesn't make any difference.

Anybody got any ideas?

Myles
          www.magicalwonders.com

Comment

if ../acatalog/ creates the directory above the public_html directory then change it to ../public_html/acatalog/

That should fix it.

Mike

Comment

I get the following error if I use that path for the Server Details Mike.

Unable to move to the acatalog directory "../public_html/" on the FTP server possibly due to a mistake in the Path from CGI-BIN to acatalog Directory field.
              The specified directory does not exist or you do not have access to the directory.
              The other problem is that the Refresh Website button has stopped working anyway. So even if I get the settings right I can't use them!

I'm currently running Version 7.04 Feva. I'm wondering if upgrading to Version 7.07 HCFA_Vista_UK will fix the upload problem. I have created a snapshot and a copy of Site 1, and according to this thread, my data should stay intact! http://community.actinic.com/showthread.php?t=33343

Anything else you think I should consider before upgrading?

Myles
              www.magicalwonders.com

Comment

The path from cgi-bin to acatalog should be ../acatalog/ but sometimes server behave a bit oddly.

It's hard to give a complete answer without seeing what your changes are doing but I would revert to ../acatalog/ and make sure your permissions are correct.

I have no experience of V7 but would always recommend using the latest version unless you have a good reason not too.

Take a snapshot, make sure you have a recent computer backup and go ahead.

If you have any furterh problems then you'll need to tell us who the host is and export your network seetings and then copy/paste them into the forum.

Mike

Comment

O.K. Thanks Mike.

I'll do the upgrade and see what happens.

Best wishes,

Myles
                  www.magicalwonders.com

Comment

O.K. this has been a bit of an epic. The upgrade didn't fix the refresh website button so I had to do a fresh install of Actinic from CD and bring it back via upgrade to where I started from yesterday.

The good news is that the network settings now works as it should and everything uploads to the right location.

The bad news is that the snapshot didn't restore any past order details. Didn't realise I would lose that info. I can live with that, but I need to get the software to generate orders from where it left off or at least beyond that point, otherwise I get this message when testing the cart:

This invoice has already been paid. For more information, please contact the merchant.
                    I've tried changing the details under View/Business Settings/Order Processing
                    but that doesn't seem to do anything.

I'd like order numbers to be in the format of MW10080 etc., but not sure how to do this.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Myles
                    www.magicalwonders.com

Comment

I found the solution to changing the starting order numbers in Help/Troubleshooting.

There may be an issue with emails to resolve and I have an audio file that is not showing the buttons, but apart from that I'm almost there!

Thanks for the help folks.

Best wishes,

Myles
                      www.magicalwonders.com

Comment

The snapshot shouldn't have lost previous orders. When you import a snapshot you usually get asked which bits you want to import and have to make sure you tick the right boxes. You might have missed this.

Mike

Comment

Thanks Mike,

I've got my previous orders back! There was just one little box in the process which say "Overwrite all orders in target installation" that I hadn't ticked. I was misunderstanding this as meaning I would lose all my order data.

I got the audio file working. It uploaded in ascii instead of binary.

So now I need to check that the emails are working O.K. and that's it.

Thanks again.

Myles
                          www.magicalwonders.com

Comment

Working...
                          X