Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Snapshot problem

Hello folks,

I've just moved my acatalog over to a new host and it wasn't as easy as it should have been. I ended up having to do a fresh install of Actinic from CD and am now left with a couple of problems. An email issue which probably deserves a separate thread, and a problem with snapshot.

I am able to create a snapshot such as March_30_2009.acd, but when I go to import the same snapshot, the window shows March_27_2009.acd. When I click on browse, the latest snapshot is not in the list!

When I look in the directory manually, the file March_30_2009.acd is present -so not sure what has gone wrong. This occurs each time I create a snapshot no matter what I name the file. When trying to import, it is not being shown in the folder!

Anyone got any ideas on how to resolve this?

Myles
    www.magicalwonders.com

Are you using Vista and v707?
    Sounds like some UAC issue.

Comment

No, I'm using XP Pro and Version 7.04 Feva

In theory nothing should have changed from a couple of days ago. Same hardware - same program version and same site 1.

I think I might do another fresh install and see at what point it breaks.

Very time consuming and very frustrating. BTW what does AUC stand for?

Myles
      www.magicalwonders.com

Comment

UAC - User Access Control

Probably the biggest application headache of all time for Vista.

Comment

Ah O.K. thanks. Another good reason for me not to get Vista. Not sure I can handle any more headaches right now! lol.

Myles
          www.magicalwonders.com

Comment

It looks like I've solved the mystery of the snapshot problem.

Files were being backed up and exported to a folder called BACKUP inside the Actinic folder. But the import feature was looking inside a folder with the same name on a different partition!

Looks like I set this up a long time ago, and my memory is not what it was!

Now if I can sort my email problem, my life will be complete! lol.

Myles
            www.magicalwonders.com

Comment

Working...
            X