CSV import problem concerning sections

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CSV import problem concerning sections

I want to update all the prices in our Actinic catalogue using a flat imported csv file. I put all of my products with the following headers: Product Reference, Short Description, Price, onto my csv. On attempting to import the data, I mapped the fields and it then told me it needed a header called section text so it knew where to put everything. This is all fine, but when I tried the import again with the section text header, the data was updated but all my products had been removed from their sub sections and placed in duplicated sections in the tree route.

Is there an easy way to update everything without this happening? I had a quick scan of the Actinic Knowledge Database, and it mentions to update products in sub sections, you need to use the pipe symbol for example, SECTION|SUBSECTION1|SUBSECTION2. Is there an easy way to set this up as it's too much to manually fill in all the sub sections! From browsing the exported data and even the data in the Actinic database, I can only find reference to the final subsections where products are stored.

I use Actinic version 6.1.5 by the way.

This should work without messing the sections about if you tick the 'update' rather than 'replace' box.

This way it only changes the data specified in the import file.

Mike
    -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

Thanks for your help, I did choose update and it creates new sections. I did a one product test and if I manually type in all the Section and Sub Sections that the product is in, it works, but I can't manually type in all the subsections for each one of our products, we have over 10,000! Is there a way I can export product data from the database that has all the sections present?

Comment

Working...
      X