Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Receipt page not always showing

Hello Folks,

I'm testing out my installation of Actinic after completing a fresh install on a new server, but I now seem to be having a problem regarding the receipt page.

After completing a transaction and clicking "Next", which in my case goes to http://www.magicalwonders.com/cgi-bin/os000001.pl - sometimes the browser will return a page not found error when viewing in IE7. In firefox the page sometimes just goes blank. Also in firefox I can hit the back button and click "next" again, which then triggers a succesful receipt page.

Not sure what is causing the problem, as sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. It's about 50/50

The email confirmation gets sent out to client, along with receipt copy to me and new order awaiting download email.

Anybody got any ideas what may be causing this issue?

Many thanks,

Myles
    www.magicalwonders.com

Hi Myles,

Normally this issue does stem from the script not being able to send out email, or a general timeout when the script is trying. When you go the network setup, do you get any error message with the email part?

Comment

Hi Nadeem,

No problems indicated with Network settings.

I had a problem ealier today when I didn't get a receipt email. I tried to refresh the site but Actinic failed part way though complaining about file permissions etc., it then asked me if I wanted to continue by trying HTTP.

I clicked yes and then got the attached error message.

So I deleted everything off the server and ran RUN WEB | Configure Website details. I then did a Refresh and the emails worked fine. Unfortunately I'm now left with a flakey bounce to receipt page.

Not sure what to try next.

Myles
      Attached Files
      www.magicalwonders.com

Comment

Hey Myles,

Just did a test order: MW10079, and that works fine, but I used Postal Order. Can you recreate the issue with the postal order part of payment, I just wondering if there is an issue with when you select Paypal as a payment

It works for me though on postal order, and if you did use that method and got the same issue, then it more looking to be an issue on the hosting side, as it is intermittment.

What you could do, is note the time on when it failed, ring up your hosting company and get them to check the server error log on that time, and give you the error. My hunch is that the perl processing time is set to a low number, eg 5 second, hence the blank screen. If you was to put that to 60 secs, it may cure it, but if you are on a shared hosting plan, then hosting companys do not want to do this

Kind Regards

Comment

Hi Nadeem,

Thanks for your help and advice. Yes it was the postal orders I was testing.
          I did some paypal transactions last Sunday and they seemed to work fine apart from not getting a copy of customers email receipt. I managed to get that issue fixed.

I received an email today from Internetseer saying my site had "recovered and was no longer on error". So I've carried out some more testing and I can't reproduce the problem. I've put through twelve orders and each time it bounces to the receipt page O.K.

It looks like the problem may have been some temporary server issue.

So everything seems to be working as it should. A big relief that it doesn't appear to be a permanent hosting problem! Before transferring I checked suitability of hosting for all my scripts - with the exception of Actinic, which I forgot about! Ooops.

Best wishes,

Myles
          www.magicalwonders.com

Comment

Working...
          X