database fields

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

database fields

i am trying to use the ActinicCalaog DB file to work with and ASP application, e.g. i want customers to be able to register their email addresses to recieve special offers, included in this list of emails are previous customers that have entered their details at the check out and tick 'yes' to receive offer details. At the moment this requires two DB's, which seems pointless. So i want to enter the details straight into the ActinicCatalog.mdb file using the same table and fields that actinic uses to store customer details/ orders in. Does anyone know which table and column it uses, i think it is the 'BUYER' table and the column is 'SemailAddress'. is this right?
    thanks for any help
    Dan

It's the persons table and it is the [email address] field. There are two entries for each order, one for the delivery address and one for the invoice address.

You might be better off using an email marketing tool to do this.

Regards,
    Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
    Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
    A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
    Product Mash for Sellerdeck
    Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
    Multichannel order processing
    Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Are you suggesting that the email funcion from actinic. my limited understanding of it is that i can email all persons with an email address within the acatalog.mdb file. i.e. just with offers, the use of HTML or rich text at this stage is unimportant though i know a good, free email app from http://www.webwizguide.info/ which can perform this. any suggesttions or comments are welcome at this stage.
      Thanks
      Dan

Comment

So i want to enter the details straight into the ActinicCatalog.mdb file using the same table and fields that actinic uses to store customer details/ orders in.
        This was the area that I was worried about, I think that if you add extra rows to the persons table there might be nasty side effects.

I think that you would be better off using an email marketing program to manage your mailing list - this would allow you to collect addresses using online forms, people could unsubscribe from the list easily, duplicate addresses would be removed, you can add exclude lists, all sorts of useful functions. Then you can import the information from Actinic into the email marketing tool.

We use groupmail to do this, the subscription services are not brilliant but are sufficient for our needs.

We also sell tools to extract information from Actinic to email marketing programs but you sound like you can do that yourself.

Regards,
        Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
        Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
        A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
        Product Mash for Sellerdeck
        Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
        Multichannel order processing
        Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

My aim is to simply point the ASP functionality to the Persons table in the Acatalog file (instead of the DB file it came with) thus avoiding any need to alter the DB. That is my aim anyway, whether i'll achieve this aim remains to be seen.
          thanks
          dan

Comment

Working...
          X