Delivery Charges

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Delivery Charges

I recently setup a partnership with a local courier business, who'll deliver goods for me at a per mile basis and not by weight.

This will be very cost-effective for myself and my customers and also easier to work out delivery costs.

The question that I have is how can I setup various delivery options, so that customers can select which one they require i.e. :-

1) Collect - enabling customers to collect their order.
    2) National delivery probably using Parcel Force 48 hour, weight based.
    3) Local customers using partner courier.

...on going from this is it possible to have some sort of scripting for the 3rd option, delivery by partner courier. So that when they select this option it will both check what they've ordered and also their post code/town and give them a delivery price. What I have in mind is to have a list of larger items, and if they order 3 or more of these they can have a discounted delivery price.

I would appreciate any help on this topic.

Thank You

Elfyn

Hi Elfyn

I would do something like ...

1. Create a new location called 'Local Area' (or possibly county name) and then a number of states/provinces within the location for each post code area.
    2. Create 3 shipping classes representing your 3 options above.
    3. Within the classes you can set up the relevant zones i.e. UK for the ParcelForce class, Local Area location for the local courier class.
    4. The rates can then be entered for each class/zone.

Ben
    Ben Popplestone
    Ecommerce website software

Comment

Working...
    X