Problems moving

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problems moving

I want to upgrade a computer and temporarly move a site from one system to another and do an overhaul. I have licensed v6 installed but need v5 for this installation. The existing system is licensed for v5, so a snapshot was created. The backup systems is remote, so I used a v5 CD to get the software going hoping I could enable the site before removing the original.

After finding I needed compatible version to create and import snapshot, I found that the authorization key does not work with the v5 CD I have. Do I need the original CD to make the move? I'm under pressure to complete in time, so do I have to wait for the CD to arrive by post before making the swap?

The version I have says the key is not valid but it is.

Stressed!

Your existing v5 key should work in the new v5 installation. A v6 key won't enable a v5 site to work. actinic checks that keys are used to drive the same store, so putting the installation on a different PC, but driving the same store, is fine.

Assuming that yopu're entering an existing v5 key into your temporary installation, I suggest that you check what you're entering ultra carefully - it could be that lower case letter "L" is being confused with number "1" or something similar.

Hope that helps.

Chris
    Actinic

Comment

Thanks for replying Chris. I have download a clean 5.1.6 and tried to use the key on the installation but still gives me invalid key. As I said I am remote and am still awaiting the original CD but having checked the installation says it is 5.1.4 so theoretically it should work. Have tried several combinations of upper and lower case l vs 1 etc. but no luck. Is there anyone I can send the key to to check if it is really valid. Originally bought from Actinic direct I seem to remember.

Comment

Update, all sorted. Based on what you said it seem only logical that the key should work on a clean install 5.1.6 so I asked the regular user to check the key again but this time from Housekeeping > Security. Dosey m..re - "Oh ya its not the key I gave you but ......." Capitals etc were all in the wrong place. Don't you just love em? Thanks again for the advice, extra coffee tonight to meet deadline!

Comment

Working...
        X