Animated Clipart for Homepage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Animated Clipart for Homepage

I have a animated clipart which I want to put on a yellow background and add a title so that when you view the website one the clipart is animated and the text and yellow background remains.

Any clues? I have tried everything

If you look on the home page of www.balloonandpartyshop.co.uk you will see a flashing heart - this is what I want to recreate but obviously a different title and different animation.

My hair is turning grey

Originally posted by balloonandparty View Post
    My hair is turning grey
    So will your users if you succeed .

Fun is one thing, but animated gifs and clip art are a thing of the long distant past on websites. I can see no heart on your site, but it's 99.99% sure you should not proceed anyway, they just cheapen a site and annoy people.

Comment

Am I being totally stupid or am I not seeing a flashing heart on the URL you provided...?

With regards to the animated Gif, if the background is not already transparent, the animated gif image will need to be re-created from scratch.

Comment

ah thanks for that Lee, This is a site that has been designed and I have taken it over but I am no web designed and I am totally struggling with it to be honest. So in your opinion I should scrap the animation.

Any suggestions what I should do instead ?

Comment

I'd need to see what it does as it doesn't show in your example to have an idea. Javascript and flash are far more professional ways of having animation on a screen nowadays, they are less jerky and just look much classier. But you really should aim to keep moving things to a bare minimum. It's an area where more harm is often done than good to be honest. Clip art is for kids in Powerpoint doing slideshows, not websites at all IMO.

Comment

Have changed the link, sorry - been up most of the night and this website is driving me mad.

I have had a look at version 9 but I am struggling with the layout of a new website. Cant afford the £2000.00 design fee to have it redesigned at the mo

LOST CAUSE

Comment

Rather just make a standard non-animated image to replace the valetines one. It will be easier for you to maintain.

Comment

Build your site over a period of time - make it work for now and get sales, add bells and whistles as your skills improve. And go to bed earlier

get quotes for the stuff you want to do but can't, then think about whether the cost of this will result in more sales, thus your outlay will pay for itself.

ie spend £500 result £1000 extra profit v spend nothing result stagnant sales

Comment

Thank you everyone - you are all fab !!

Comment

Working...
                  X