X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CGI Error - Version 4

Hi,

Yes I know I should upgrade but...

Website was working fine until moved to different server. Took some time to sort out permissions etc but seemed to be working ok, however...

On certain Items, only those with choices I receive the error message:
    CGI Error
    The specified CGI application misbehaved by not returning a complete set of HTTP headers.

To check it out go to : http://www.clarksflowershop.co.uk/acatalog/index.html

Sympathy and New Arrivals have the choice format and they are the pages that create the errors, all other pages work.

I'm using Ver 4.1.1.0.0. 4CBXA

Any ideas anyone?

Robin

Now hosted with who? please don't say fasthosts. Did you confirm they work with actinic? is there a network test you can do on V4? All points to hosting i must say, maybe you need to move again.

Comment

i'd explore the host route first as v4 doesn't require anything different to 5,6,7,8 or 9.

But if your host cant get 4 to work its doubtful they will get 9 to work.

Comment

Hosting

No, sorry, didn't quite make myself clear.

It was moved from one server to another at the same company. Seem Internet Solutions.

Comment

windows server?

have you done a search on the error message? as it been documented here before.

Comment

Yes, Windows Server.

Yes, had a look at previous error documentation but not quite same problem.

Comment

any reason for wanting windows? whilst actinic works on windows (we have actinic on windows very sucessfully, although 99% of our actinic sites are on windows) some hosts do seem to struggle, thus if you want to stay with your current host you might consider moving to unix.

Normally the only reason for wanting windows is also to have asp pages

in reply to the original Q, you will need your host to investigate, especially as the problem only seems to have occurred since they migrated you to a new server, only they know the differences between the 2. I assume you have refreshed the site to the new server?

Comment

Working...
              X