uploading nightmare

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

uploading nightmare

Everytime I leave the program uploading I come back to a halted upload and a stop message saying the connection was lost or I need to retry. Each time I retry it continues with the upload only to stop again later. Even when it says the connection is lost, if I click OK it continues to upload only to stop again later.

It seems that if I'm there to click these OK buttons on the warnings there is a very good chance it will all upload as I have managed to do a full upload on 2 occassions by this method (I have a lot of files to upload) but if I leave it and the message pops up and can't be clicked straight away it won't continue.

Even though I have a broadband connection it still takes hours to upload therefore my question is,

Is there anything I can do to get it to upload automatically so I don't have to sit at my computer doing nothing for hours??

Thanks in advance

I think Jan at MoleEnd has a product to do an upload bypassing all the stops and start.....

Comment

Thanks for that but before I look at paying for a solution I'd like to try and find a free one first (if there is one that is!)

Comment

This sounds like a server timeout has stopped the upload.

You could ask the ISP to increase the time the allowed before a disconnect as the server might think no activity is occuring and halt the upload.
        Owner of a broken heart

Comment

I had a simular problem over the last few months and always blamed it on the server.

After a very bad day I looked up my modem on the net and found many reports of a built in fault even though sold by IBM.

After changing to a new modem the problem went.

Might be different on Broadband (what luxury)

Happy hunting

Chris
          Chris Ashdown

Comment

Well, this is the reply I got from the ISP even though it's still happening,

"I can confirm that our FTP systems are running without any issue. As this is third-party software we are unable to shed any light on why this may be happening other than confirming that our hosting servers and ftp servers are definately Actinic compatible, please consult the software manufacturer on any further issues."

Anyone got any other ideas?

Comment

Check the server log to see what is happening
              Owner of a broken heart

Comment

Thought you might be interested in this thread of a while ago,

here

Comment

Yep...very interesting thread and I guess it means that I'll have to keep on trying to upload and sit here waiting until the dev guys issue an update for it....

Thanks to all and if anyone finds anything to improve please let me know.

Comment

Working...
                  X