Pre-authorisation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pre-authorisation

I'm using Secpay for my credit card processing and Actinic V.6.The problem is I've checked the pre-authorisation box in Actinic but still the credit cards are being charged before I've adjusted the totals.When placing an order it confirms that the card has been pre-authorised so why are the cards being charged at the full purchase price and not when I want them to be???
    I hope some one can help.
    Thanks.

I'm not sure about secpay but with worldpay you have to ask worldpay to set up an preauthorise account with them as well as setting the options in Actinic.

Regards,
    Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
    Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
    A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
    Product Mash for Sellerdeck
    Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
    Multichannel order processing
    Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Does anyone know which item I need to edit in design/text to change the blank field which is being placed in the payment history when I received orders on my worldpay pre-auth account.

It shows the date and amount but no payment type.

Any help appreciated.

Simon

Comment

I don't fully understand what you are describing here, but from what I can gather from your description, I doubt this is in Design Text. It is more likely to be elsewhere within the application - and therefore not accessible.

If you want someone to look into this further, if it is causing you disruption, then please register an email support query in the 'Technical Support' section of the Actinic website.

Comment

Hi there,
          I found this quite difficult to explain so I hope the picture help.

Its the second (bottom) payment I am reffering to. This is the line that is added when the payment has been pre-authed. The payment above that is the manual payment I have to add to mark the order as full payment received.

I thought that this must be editable somewhere as you can change the text that says credit card debit etc.

Any help greatly appreciated, else I will indeed need to file the report.

Simon
          Attached Files

Comment

I'm afraid this text is not accessible. The text 'Credit Card Debit' that you refer to is not editable either, as it comes from the application rather than the database.

Is is not possible to remove the pre-authorisation line from the payment history by clicking the 'Delete' button? I have never done a pre-authorisation before so I cannot be totally sure.

Comment

Hi Chris,
              I wish it was that simple.
              When you try to delete the line it comes up with this message:

"Payment history records that are the result of downloading Payment Service Provider Authorisations cannot be deleted from this dialog.
              hey will be deleted when the order is purged from the database".

Its got me stumped.

Comment

This is caused by a bug in the invoice report, payment lines should be suppressed for preauthorised credit card payments, however the code to do this in the report checks for a payment type of 11 when in fact the payment type for preauthorised amounts is 10.

Regards,
                Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
                Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
                A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
                Product Mash for Sellerdeck
                Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
                Multichannel order processing
                Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Working...
                X