V7 - Importing an old v6 website

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

V7 - Importing an old v6 website

I'm currently running v7 developer and I want to create a new site, based on an old v6 business site I used to run. I still have the entire site directory for the v6 site but I'm not sure how I even get v7 to see it let alone convert it?

I've copied the site directory into the v7 'sites' directory, but when I run v7 and try to select a site it's not in the list.

I can't import it into a new v7 site as I don't have a .acd file - just the site directory.

I've tried creating a new v7 site and just copying the v6 site over the top, but it just complains that the server side and client sides don't match...

So what's the best way to get the site into v7?
    John

Have you still got V6?

Regards,
    Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
    Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
    A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
    Product Mash for Sellerdeck
    Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
    Multichannel order processing
    Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Backup first.

With Actinic v7 closed have you tried just copying the v6 database into the v7 Site1 folder and then starting Actinic?

Comment

Try adding the new site to the sites.ini file to get it appear in t he drop down - this will then upgrade the database to v7. Thankfully v6 to v7 was not a massive undertaking on the upgrade so fingers crossed not a lot will get broken.

Bikster
        SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Originally posted by Jan View Post
          Have you still got V6?
          Not installed anywhere...
          Originally posted by drounding View Post
          With Actinic v7 closed have you tried just copying the v6 database into the v7 Site1 folder and then starting Actinic?
          Yes, tried that, it doesn't list them in the list of sites...
          Originally posted by jont View Post
          Try adding the new site to the sites.ini file to get it appear in t he drop down - this will then upgrade the database to v7. Thankfully v6 to v7 was not a massive undertaking on the upgrade so fingers crossed not a lot will get broken.
          Can't find a site.ini file (or anything similar) anywhere in the actinic directory, or indeed anywhere on the c: drive...
          John

Comment

Have you tried first making a new site of the same name and then copying over the database into that new directory?

Comment

Originally posted by drounding View Post
              Have you tried first making a new site of the same name and then copying over the database into that new directory?
              yes, that's what got me the mismatch error.

But I've fixed it now. I dug an old pc out of the garage and it still had v6 on. So after some faffing about copying the directory to the old machine, renaming the site directory etc I managed to load it and get a site export. then copied that back across, created a new site, imported the file and it updated it all and it seems to be ok...

Thanks for your help.
              John

Comment

Working...
              X